Reviews for The Candle
La Chatte de la Musique chapter 1 . 8/24/2010
Hey there!

Just wanted to say I loved the poem! "The Sick Rose" is one of my favorites and you did an excellent job! :) When I read it, I could see everything and I loved that. It just proves that even the smallest things can have the biggest thoughts. _
Creeping Collarbones chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I like this. Though provocing. The rhyming was done well and gave it a nice flow.

Great work(:
Kobra Kid chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
I really liked this poem. :). It made me feel calm and relaxed, and I could just imagine the star flickering in the painted sky. :). Keep this up!

B. Cross from the RH

-Payback via Rise From The Ashes, plesse?
seredemia chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
I like this You're very talented on writing poems, you know? I'm rubbish at them... P

I get this poem. So, she's scared of the candle becayse some people use them to find their way when they're about to kill someone..? That's true... I like how you made even a simple item such as a candle dangerous. That's a very good idea, that. Good poem!
AvidWriter-92 chapter 1 . 5/13/2010
Hey, this is Avid from the Roadhouse. :)

I enjoyed this poem a lot! My favorite stanzas were probably the second and third ones because they had a nice twist to them. I thought these stanzas were cleverly written. :)

It was just overall, a great poem, both structually and poetically. :)

The only thing that I don't think makes much sense is the wording "And yet, still I fear you." I didn't think that the previous stanzas indicated a reason for the person to fear the candle's light, necessarily.

Hope that made sense... xD

Lovely poem!

AvidWriter-92
ADSpencer chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Very nice work! Blake is one of my favorite poets, and you did an excellent job drawing inspiration from "The Sick Rose". Well done! I love your poetry :D
The Tragedian chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
What can I say! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! I WANT YOUR POETIC SKILL! Your poems are better than mine! You MUST, MUST, MUST, MUST publish these poems and send me an autographed copy!

Love,