Reviews for Mask
HighOnBrokenWings chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
Okay. Reading that authors note was even more emotion felt than the poem. It was like this whole back up to what you had written in the piece. It made me realise a lot of things that are true, but can I ask, has the feeling ever gone away? Or has it just subsided. Because once upon a time I thought I'd bet that crushing depression, only to have the wake up that I wasnt happy, and that cutting felt so good. My parents couldnt understand it when they found out, why would someone do that? Why wouldnt they? This is one of those poems that isnt telling someone who is low that they need to snap out of it, it's awakenening them to the fact that there is better out there, and life isnt just gloom.

I'm a closet depressed soul. No one knows that I feel so low, and no one could even guess it. Because I smile. I laugh. And everyone thinks I'm okay. And while this poem brings up the obvious things people do to escape, there is also that element that makes it obvious that this isnt something sufferers can just talk about. Its that feeling of thinking that your getting back for the people who didnt care enough.

Am I right?

Yeah. This piece, paired with your authors note brought realisation upon me. And it is so true. It's impossible to get out of the dark before you can face it and say that you were there in the first place.

I apologise for this long winded ramble. I just wanted to show you how much this piece meant to me.
Caoimhe Rose chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
i totally agree with you!

keep on writing!
bestellalynn chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
I love the poem, and I love the A/N. YOUR truly insperational. ILY!
S. Kimball chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Your author's note was almost as moving as your poem. You should be a motivational speaker.

I don't have anything in particular to say about the poem; it was all very, very good. Flow, word choice, content delivery...everything was great.

Added to my favorites.