Reviews for Ashes Over Paris
Cecilia Reinholdt chapter 1 . 10/29/2009
Let me do my one criticism first. ) The only thing that doesn't quite jive for me about this was the brief sentences where the reader is privy to Lucien's thoughts. It just seems a little unfair, that we are given his perspective for just that moment, on such a trivial detail, and not on anything else. Perhaps you did that for a reason, but it just seemed the tiniest bit out of place for me, especially where we know so little about him at this point.

Other than that, I enjoyed this very much. I am an absolute sucker for dystopian futures, first of all, and I'm really excited to find out both what happened, and what is going to happen. I'm looking forward to reading more.

You write very well. You manage to be both clear and mysterious, which is something I find a lot of people get too far on one side of the line with. The level of detail is great, and adds a very cool mood to the story. The last lines are some of my favourites. Rather unsettling, and intense. Again, I am highly anticipating your next chapter!