Reviews for A McDonald's in Port Angeles, WA
lookingwest chapter 1 . 1/10/2010
Sitting here with a coffee aftertaste, I really enjoy that you could capture that within the first sentence and draw me in. I like how you play with renewal because the bathroom is dark but the mirrors are newly washed, is it morning or is it still a late night? I like that a lot because it also adds an interesting spin to a place not usually associated with renewal. You can find it in the oddest of places...

from the review marathon (link in my profile)
CostumeForAGutterball chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
This is just awesome! Beautifully simple! Very powerful.
Isca chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
"Dark bathrooms, mirrors newly washed." This is my favourite part - it's very vivid.
Moondog Dozier chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Visual. Relatable, and simple enough to stretch to greater meanings. Good haiku. MD:77.
nickyO chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
I like how you incorporate different senses, using visual, taste, and feeling.
Anna Christie chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
Hmm. Interesting piece. I like it. :)
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
It amazes me that you can think up such brilliant pieces. I like the contrast with the coffee and the mirror in this one.
in theory chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
I like the paradox you present here; the dull, old, used feeling of the coffee-coated tongue, and the newly shined mirrors. The overall effect is one of...renewal? It's a hopeful feeling.

Jack
Dale Christopher chapter 1 . 10/26/2009
I like how you can describe a bathroom in a take-away joint and on the other side of the globe I can picture it perfectly. This was great, I really got a strong image from it. And a yearning for coffee all of a sudden. Hmm.

Peace, Daze