Reviews for Russian Daughter
SunnyD chapter 7 . 11/14/2010
I love this story. But the ending made me want to cry. I think it was way to fast but you got the rough outline of the story. Cant wait for the next chapter
lijuan chapter 1 . 6/13/2010

welcome to our website is :
Emily chapter 7 . 12/29/2009
Whoa, that last part was kind of confusing. But it was still pretty good! Keep up the good work and please hurry with the next one!

Alenor chapter 7 . 12/28/2009
oh dear, that's not good. how on earth will she know where he's gone? what's she gonna do? can't wait for more Alenor
Devil's Playground chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
I'm not very familiar with this time period - or any stories set there - but I was able to follow this easily. You had just enough infomation to help me understand, but not to the point where you were info-dumping. It's definitely a very unique and very interesting idea for a story, and it kept me entertained the whole time - I'm curious to see where else it goes!

The dialogue was very well done, especially the accents and such. Each character had a distinct way of speaking that helped characterize them, and I liked that.

One thing you could improve on are your descriptions. You could use some imagery and more vivid language to make your writing more powerful. At some part you gave some good details - like describing Luke at the end, I could picture him easily - but other parts didn't have that kind of detail. For example, the scene where her family was killed could be made far more vivid with better imagery. You could go into detail about how Katina is feeling - I'm sure she's scared, so you could talk about her heart thumping, or her palms sweating, you know, anything like that. You could describe the sound of the gunshots and her reactions to them - just stuff like that.

Overall, though, quite a good read, and Katina was very well characterized in this chapter. :)
Alenor chapter 6 . 12/25/2009
umm ok, they're not really married right? i thought that was just a lie for when they stole the boat tickets? can't wait for more though Alenor
Emma2Ann12 chapter 6 . 12/22/2009
No! So close! I really like this story! Keep up the good work and please hurry with the next one!

Merry Christmas!

griffinphoenix chapter 5 . 11/28/2009
I really like this story. I have a thing for historical romances.
Emily chapter 5 . 11/22/2009
Oh yay they are going to meet up again! Good! I live this story so far! Keep up the good work and please hurry with the next one!

Alenor chapter 5 . 11/21/2009
great story so far. i can't wait for more. but i'm confused, does graciella know she's really called katina? because she asks if she knows the soldier...cya next time Alenor
Ipaintwithwords chapter 4 . 11/15/2009
Wow...they make it to Paris, but then she runs away from Luke. She meets a British couple but I can't help wonder if they are as innocent as they appear to be...

Darn Katina, hope all is going to be alright with you.
alakazam05 chapter 4 . 11/13/2009
Hoping for an update soon! I hope they both could go together. Maybe the couple could hire Luke for some other work. I just hope they wouldn't be separated this early. they haven't been together long so I don't think their relationship is well-built.

But either way, on with the story!
Emily chapter 3 . 11/12/2009
I like it so far! Very nice job on this, its different, not something people usually write about and I like that!

Keep up the good work and please hurry with the next one!

Rabid Ballet Freak is lazy chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
Just a note. I'm sure Sokolova is a female last name, because of the "ova" at the end, and the masculine form would be "Sokolov." I'm not that sure, but relatively. :P
Alenor chapter 2 . 11/8/2009
lol, great start, i can't wait for more. although it's sad about her family. cya later Alenor