Reviews for This Matters
JuneBug chapter 6 . 5/30/2012
Hi there. I'm going to apologize ahead of time because this review is most likely going to be long.
So, where do I start? I absolutly love this story. It is full of this raw emotion and intensity that I imagine would rival that of Conner's. The dialouge and character interaction is seperb to say the least. Each character is well developed and interesting and from the very beggining I was hooked.
However, that's not even the reason I love it so much. There are two reasons actually. First is the poetic feel it has to it. Not only does it contain poetry but the way it's written is very poetic in itself somtimes. The vocabulary of the story is astounding and I even learnt a few words. What's more is that I liked a part of Sam's letter to Conner so much I set it as my facebook status. I never do that.
Two: I felt an emotional connection to it. Sam is so much like me it's scary and her circumstances with Will and Ruby are thing's I'm all to familiar. (Except for me my Will and Ruby are the same person.) Actually on more than one ocasion I cried. Just for no reason. My mum walked in and WTF-faced me as she gave me my clean washing and I was crying lol. Anyway since alot of this story contains you I kinda wanna get to know you.
So I love it. I really really want more. I hope you get well soon. Congratulations on getting in to Cambridge and good luck in life.
LoveJuneBug
Kyllex chapter 6 . 4/24/2011
I can see why Sam is afraid of this whole thing with Connor. It DOES seem to be moving a bit too fast, and everything may turn out to be too good to be true...but I can't help but feel happy about how damn CUTE they are. I feel so sad for Dean (really, what kind of shitty parents treat their kid like that?) and I hope everything turns out all right for him. He's a good kid and he's becoming one of my favorite characters, so I hope he's able to be cheerful and happy again, and not just on the surface. (:

I like Cooper, too. The way she found out his first name was pretty hilarious. I can't wait for his gig!

I really do hope you haven't abandoned this story, because now I'm quite addicted to it and I desperately want to know what happens with Sam and company next. Congrats on getting into Cambridge, by the way!

Please please please consider updating this soon. You're a wonderful writer.
Kyllex chapter 5 . 4/24/2011
Dean and Connor's grandma is great! I love the fact that she and Dean seem to know just what's going on. And I love Connor's little sanctuary...and I love the fact that he kissed Sam...and I love how she's slowly starting to gain her independence from Ruby.

...did I mention that I love this story?
Kyllex chapter 4 . 4/24/2011
Yes. I still love Dean. I'm really curious as to where all his pain comes from. I have to say I'm really excited for Sam to go over to Dean and Connor's house...haha! I want to learn more about the brothers. They intrigue me almost as much as they intrigue Sam.

I love her parents, too, by the way. They seem really chill and honest and loving. You don't see involved parents often on this site, and I like that about your story.
Kyllex chapter 3 . 4/24/2011
Poor Sam. :(

Dean is cute and I'm liking his relationship with Connor so far. Ruby seems like a total bitch but at the same time I know she really isn't - she's just ignorant and a little bit selfish and I totally understand that.

Will is so realistic it's almost frightening.

I love that Sam and Connor are both writers and that he practically worships her and yet didn't know who she was when he saw her. Oh, and With Me is totally one of my favorite songs EVER. So props for choosing it. ;)

This was a wonderful chapter and I can't wait to read more!
Kyllex chapter 2 . 4/24/2011
What a great way to start a story!

I'm loving your characters so far, and I can't wait to see what happens next. I feel like I can relate to Sam in a lot of ways, at least about feeling invisible, which always makes reading something so much more enjoyable. I have two friends like Ruby and being so close with them is almost suffocating because our differences make me feel inferior at times. But hey, doesn't every girl feel like that at one point in her life?

I really like this so far. Can't wait to learn more about Will and Ruby and Sam and Connor. I'm off to read the rest! (:
Kyllex chapter 1 . 4/23/2011
Man, you're good at this whole writing thing.

I don't know what it is, but the way you word everything is just so breathtaking. I love the point of view; it's so unique and refreshing, and it makes it more...personal, almost. Even if I can't relate to this at all, because I've never been in love, I can still FEEL what this is about and it's wonderful. The writing, that is. And the emotion in it.

Anyway, I stumbled across your profile somehow and after reading one of your poems, I decided to check out some of your stories. This one seems promising (well, truthfully, all of them do) and I can't wait to read it. Unfortunately, I've got to go to bed now, but I will definitely read this later. I just wanted to get a review in so that I won't lose the link to this story. And of course so I could let you know what I thought. (:

I'll be back soon!
Britt Woods chapter 6 . 12/3/2010
I've been a huge fan of UYLM for a long time now and just finished rereading it yesterday. I decided it was time to check out some of your other work, and I am SO happy I did. This story is amazing. The writing is so poetic and I love the flow of conversation between your characters. You say Sam is a lot like you and you're not sure if that's a good thing or not. I think it's wonderful. Putting yourself into your story always makes such an honest, beautiful work. I think it really shows to your readers when you're spilling your heart onto the page. I'm also very drawn into the characters. It's kind of alarming for me to care so much about them after six chapters haha.

Also, slightly unnecessary side-note: isn't e.e. cummings amazing? I love his poetry so much.

This story is phenomenal and I look forward to reading the rest of it:)
Dreaded Fate chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
The prologues great but that's not what I came in here to say.

I love how you phrase the summary! I suck at summaries and I just feel the need to come in and complement the author when I see a perfect one. And not only is it perfect, but true.

Sometimes...
StOnEsOnG chapter 6 . 3/29/2010
I was bored and stumbled across your story here; I have to admit, this is very good. I like your style, and how you portray your emotions into the writing without actually making it seem overwhelming. I hope you continue with the writing, and congrats on getting into Cambridge.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 6 . 2/16/2010
I like the inclusion of that song- was actually listening to it the other day ]

I like te realness to this and overcoming stuff ] It's nice. And yay for Dean updates ]

“I love you too,” I breathe in a heartbeat, too recklessly flattered to consider whether it’s true.

It is all downhill from here.

- nicely done ]
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 6 . 2/13/2010
I'm not sure if I should be happy about this chapter or not... because it was very good, but then I feel so bad for poor Connor, and Dean and stuff. That's some sad stuff. But so far, I really like your characters and everything. This story really is very good :)
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 5 . 1/25/2010
Aww, love the first bit of this. Excellent clothing choice!

And again, I love how well you inside your charactrs heads.

Aww, love Connor ]
Nah She Stalkin chapter 2 . 1/16/2010
...I love you. And I already have fallen in love with this story. I am not one to read Het stories, yet here I am, taking it all in like vacuum. This may sound cheesy but, I simply cannot believe how well you write, how the words simply work, set in stone, and one great way to explain your writing is simply... Dark chocolate and raspberries or something equally delicious. xDD

ANYWAYS! I fancy this story quite a bit. :3 awesome job.
JustCyde chapter 5 . 1/13/2010
Wow I really like this story alot...I'm definatley gonna keep on following it :)
44 | Page 1 .. Last Next »