Reviews for An Urban Indian's Farewell
killMeN0w chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
This was so...vauge..lols. For me it was. Somehow, I got the idea of a subtle little relationship ending, with the one party moving back to the things they used to do -and love-before the relationship started, things that they couldn't do when the relationship had.

That's the thing about poetry, whatever perceives to you. Though, I'm curious, what's it REALLY about?
Fresh Wildflower chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
The poem feels like one would read at a Indian's modern funeral, was that your plan? All in all, a good poem.
sophiesix chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
I agree with Eternal Skies, the rhyme scheme was really distracting. That said, you had some lovely images towards the end, my favourite being "Where knife winds blow/With blades of snow" and the ending itself was great. I'd like to see the rhythm and imagery freed from the rhyme scheme and given full run :) feels like he's still trapped
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
Yes, unfortunately not a picture that most Indians will see in these times. It was a great poem. Very good work.
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I think that the ending is kinda bittersweet. On one hand, I can imagine that guy riding into the sunset. On the other hand, I sense that he has experienced too much unpleasantness, such as prejudices. I suppose that his heart is wounded, but I hope that such wounds will be healed.
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Aw, good luck.

I liked the rhyme scheme, it sounds like riding and riding and riding :D
natmarie chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Good imagery and nice off-beat rhyme scheme.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
Aww, very well done!
Eternal Skies chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
the ending was pretty good. the rhyming was a bit distracting cuz it was impossible to just ignore, but the meaning behind the words and the things they present are simple and clear.
Mirabella chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Going home to nature; i like it. :)