Reviews for when i was a boy
smokahontas shut down chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
Amazing.
SugarCoatedChaos chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
You really know how to strip every unnecessary thing away. Deep.
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 1/12/2010
Again, this is a very interesting creation. I found it interesting how during the beginning section when you described being a boy you often revered to things in terms of color and emotion, and boys normally are not like that, so it made me think that the boy/girl was very special. The boy seems more optimistic, and lighthearted then the girl later described. Really interesting piece overall though, I feel like you could have flushed more meaning out of it.

Much love,

Juliet.
thursdays and rain chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
perfect! i absolutely adore this! it's so beautiful and heartbreaking and the kind of poem you want to copy&paste to microsoft word and print it and then paste it again on your notebook.. lol.. and i think i'm in love with you..

i heart you to pieces!

~tiara
recycle rhymes chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
i love the diction in this piece and the song-like quality that it has to it. it was an interesting read.
for shame chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
i am awed.
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
this sent a tingle down my spine, because it's just so true.

it's just so true.

heart wrenching.
Little girl Big world chapter 1 . 10/31/2009
"like it didn't matter (and) they stared, they stared but

it was okay because i didn't care, i didn't care

yeah i'm sure i knew i never cared." these were my favorite lines but the whole piece was just brilliant.

favorite
so i sing to the stars chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
I don't even know what to say but this is seriously one of the best pieces I have read on this site in awhile. I read it like three times before I decided to review and it's not like I have anything super smart to say, I just like it so much and thought it deserved something more than a spot on my favorites list. I loved your word choice. Awesome, awesome job. :)
bob chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
i just think you should know that your poetry makes my heart ache from where it has slipped down into my throat, makes my eyes greedy for the words & my hand greedy for a pen, makes me keep trying to grasp the words that are always a bit over my head.

...

just thought you should know.
softersin chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
"when i was a

girl i guess loneliness didn't taste like barbed wire and fear,

and i didn't wonder how the hell i'd got here because

it was okay not to know, it was okay to have nowhere to go"

beautiful, this entire piece was breath taking.