Reviews for June Bugs
shirogiku chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
(Yep, the one and only :D)

I read this story a while ago, back when we'd just got introduced, but tonight I had this epiphany: "omg, she had a character named Hal, didn't she".

I think as far as the stories dealing with depression, writers and writing go, yours is quite unique and somehow /right/, doing justice to the special creatures that writers are.

You write sad stpries, but your angst is never forced and also understated - as opposed to jumping at the reader. I love your care for details - from germophobia to red aeroplanes to Korea, the country of pens (oh those clever turns of phrase :3) - it makes the characters and their lives very tangible.

Jack was my favourite - and I loved how Hal's perceptions of him were challenged and changed. My fav scene was when Hal found out Jack's poetry and Hal's reaction, so visceral.

But I do also like Audrey, she has a lot of spunk - I've noticed you always write girls this way)))
Megas Alexandros chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
Wow! XPP Now that's the beat!

Okay, I'm a bit under pressure now, so I don't think I can gather my wits for a long enough review, but let me tell you that this is bloody spectacular. The characters are incredibly 3D, you can feel their emotions so vividly; the imagery is gripping; the storyline is well-paced; and the ending is just the right dose of bittersweet. Congrats on this piece, love!
helike chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
She would always agree with him when he said he’d written crap, but at the same time she encouraged him to mail yet another piece of crap to the editors.

LOL What a wife XD But it's nice to have such a supporter :)

The point is that Paige took that flight because of that story! The story killed them both!

And men accuse women about problems with logic _;

But it’s like he always had someone else on his mind.

Now... That's sounds suspicious... almost like... Hal.

*reads further* So it's him after all? That must have been shock for him.

Beautiful story, honey :)
fatelesskitten chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH DARLING!
Dooki chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Ooh! You posted it! I have to say, I wasn't expecting something so emotionally charged. The characters were great, the way that it was always really clear who was who, who acted in a certain way. there was no information dump at any point, but I still feel like I know them quite well, like I'd recognise them in the street. The pacing was REALLY good too, never dragging or skipping. I think you kept the narrative light enough, so that we didn't get TOLD all that much, but it was all inferred.

"She runs her fingers through his hair, just barely letting him feel the touch. Two decades splash like a sea between them."

Was my favourite sentence.

I like how the whole thing isn't ABOUT anything in particular, except for writing.I mean it's about a heck of a lot of things,various characters, relationships, themes, but in the end, it's all about writing.

So yes. I really enjoyed reading it :) I hope you'll write and post more! This is really well crafted.