Reviews for Controversies
Classychik chapter 2 . 3/9/2010
Okay first off, I am christian, a disciple, and I completely agree with you, but...I am completely out of my place when I say this. But, I really can't believe you say your a follower of God and then you curse. Really? If you exemplify the daughter of God, then I guess we're all going to Satin if all of us acted like that. I curse,but not after I finish telling someone I'm a daughter of God, and going on about this really true rant. You messed it up, I was with you until you felt the need to add that unnecassary curse word. I'm sorry but you sounded ignorant.

I'm really sorry, but I had to say it. :(

Classychik, p.s. I feel really bad about that, but take it to heart and better yourself from it. /
Sweet Child chapter 3 . 12/21/2009
All I can say is: you're quite given to gossiping. Again, facts? I see non.
Sweet Child chapter 2 . 12/21/2009
I guess I'll review chapter by chapter. At least, this first "essay" of yours makes it quite obvious that there will be a lot to point out.

First off - whatever it is that you have written here, it is not an essay. An essay is a written work that serves to convince people of your opinion by giving them facts. You are doing something quite different. You are giving your opinion on a certain topic and just heaping more and more of your opinions on top.

Truth be told, I would call this input of yours about religion propaganda. Because that is, truly, all that it is.

Second, what you are giving are mere assumptions. You should take into account that Christianity is among the only religions to actually have donation baskets. Don't transfer actions inherent to Christianity to religions which have nothing in common with it.

Also, if you knew more about other religions, you would realize that in Islam, for example, men and women are equally punished. In Buddhism, as well as some other religions, the believers are not punished by others of their religion as you are hinting at here. They are punished through varies elements of their religions. Buddhists, for example, are continuously reborn until they have atoned enough and the same laws hold for men and women.

Christianity, on the other hand, discriminates highly between the genders. As I remember, Eve was punished for having eaten the fruit proffered to her by the Devil by having to endure horrible pains during birthing, next to being banned to Eden. What about Adam, though? How was he punished for eating the fruit from the tree of wisdom? Doesn't that count in your book for discrimination?

Don't delude yourself. All major religions are the same at their core. They have similar laws, they discriminate similarly and they have the same fanatics who strive to show through propaganda that their religion is the one and only.

Also, your conclusion is nonsensical.

If you can come up with real facts as to why Christianity is the one and only true religion, do contact me. If you can't - well, let's just say that I'm really not in the mood to argue.

I hope you don't take offense to my review, as it wasn't meant to offend.
That Random Girl Who Writes chapter 4 . 12/20/2009
Long time no type! Good to hear from you! That must've been scary for your mom, but you probably don't remember it. I was a preemie by 3 and a half months. My supposed birthday was May 28. It's February 15. I'm happy that Timothy ios alive. Lots of kids in my class had swine flu, too. Keep going!
frozen chapter 3 . 11/7/2009
It's one thing to have an opinion. It's another to bash others because of what they believe in.

Here you are, saying that "no one should be mean to me because I have opinions, and if you are, at least support it", while YOU are bashing Obama for his beliefs, with NO support.

Being gay/lesbian is not something one can control. It's been proven that that's the way people were born. And you call yourself a good christian. Do you think Jesus died ONLY for those who married the opposite gender? NO! He died for EVERYONE. Including racist bigots like yourself.

And Obama is an American. If he wasn't Congress would not have sworn him in. It's against the law, so if they had found out that those claims were true, they would have done something about it.

Also, how is Obama discriminating against Hispanics and whites? That is the most preposterous thing I've heard, and you've said many unbelievably idiotic things in this composition.

If anything, he's helping this country. He's supporting education, helped the depression stop (have you read the news? Or do you republicans refuse to go to credible sources?), and is trying to end world conflicts.

Throughout this piece, you've said things that are unsupported, and unproven. It's immature, as well as terribly written.

Maybe you should write compositions using the correct methods. I sincerely hope you aren't planning on making a career out of writing.
somesomewhere chapter 3 . 11/6/2009
frankly, i hate it when people hate on other people just because of the rants they produce here. i once wrote a rant, and guess what? i got bashed. how intelligent.

anyway, i'm not going to bash you at all. you have some points i do agree on, some i can't quite understand, but otherwise, good job. really, people are sometimes too scared to say these and you're not.
JamezBfod chapter 3 . 11/6/2009
Accusing people of bigotry while displaying bigotry yourself. Nice.
That Random Girl Who Writes chapter 3 . 11/6/2009
Penn,

Hey, it's me. I'm suprised that I'm the only review. I agree with the whole "elected because of race" thing, and also he promised better changes but the economy, is in fact, getting worse. (even a democrat can see that.) Why can't you go the college of your home state? (did he ban that too?) Don't yell at me for my opinion. It's mine and no one can fight that.

FMSLAT
That Random Girl Who Writes chapter 2 . 11/3/2009
This is a nice essay thing you have here. i'm interested to see where you go with this. (I'm a christian too, and go to a catholic school.) I'm not afraid of controversies, and I'm happy that someone gets to share their opinion. Most of us are shut down by our parents, bosses, etc. My parents would kill me if I did something like this.