Reviews for Her Name Was Jade
esile chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
very vivid... :S but still awesome!
Andrea Lotte chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
Overall a well-written story; it flows very well and has some really nice moments (I especially like the opening line, and how you repeat the "kiss boys, sleep with girls" at the end). However I felt like the night before Jade disappears is a bit unclear. I don't really understand why Jade just upped and left - is it because she's afraid of love? Other than that, nice work :)
the invisible princess chapter 1 . 4/28/2010
Wow! an amazing story! And I love the word play at the end. Its a very realist peice.
white rainbow chapter 1 . 4/12/2010
It would be very different if someone else wrote this. Your way of writing is amazing. I really like how you fit 'Jade' in, such as 'like the stone, like her heart.' and the wordplay of 'Jaded' at the end. The content is realistic/harsh but you are able to soften the tone and such with your words. Brilliant piece. :)
vitriolicvermilion chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
Augh.

Jade stole my heart and tore it up in 20 words. And I liked it.

A lot. I feel like it happened to me. Directly.
harlequin13 chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
I love this story. It is tragic and heart breaking yet it brings to light the truth of how vulnerable and fragile a true love can be. Either that or I'm full of crap and its just a great f*ing story
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 12/19/2009
I LOVED this. LOVED.
Ondine's Curse chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
this is very well-written.

the emotion, or rather, the lack of emotion at the end (the part about her feeling empty) really speaks to me.
Isca chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
"Do you like girls? I have a boyfriend. That's not what I asked." I loved how realistic this part was. :)
Fallen Shadows chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Wow. This was really a powerful piece of work. I enjoyed it very much and I would like to see more of your work. Nothing is perfect, but this actually comes very close to perfect writing, in my opinion. Keep it up, and I hope this review encourages you to continue your writing! :)
for shame chapter 1 . 11/4/2009
i really like this. i wonder why i didn't read it before.

it's a very interesting transformation, through and through.

and i like the play on "jade" and "jaded". very clever.

it's funny, because jade sounds like my girl, stretched to extremes.
NoRoadsLeft chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
Beautiful and amazing. I really like the way you've written it, it's extraordinary. I can relate to some of it, and think me to the rest and it makes it hit deeper. I'll probably re-read this lots of times and find something new every time, i'm sure. If all your femslash turns out like this, I'd love to read more. Also if it doesn't.
a silenced revolution chapter 1 . 11/2/2009
This is a sad, entirely believable portrait of someone who is what I'd call emotionally lost. I liked the descriptions of how the narrator sees and reacts to Jade; the fascination and envy and lust and insecurity. It all made a lot of sense. The last sentence is intriguing; the idea of someone having always wanted to be jaded.

I would have liked to find out what happened to Jade, but given that the narrator doesn't know either, this is completely logical and not a criticism of the story.

Well done, realistic work.