Reviews for A Puppet in the Hand
lookingwest chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
Great beginning, I was really intrigued because your polished way of getting right into the action and even adding in great characterization of Tam. Even though the chapter was short, I feel like I got to know her.

I saw really no grammar or spelling errors and you handed dialogue perfectly, it had a really nice flow.

I also liked your setting and your knowledge of the setting pertaining to day to day life. It's kind of creepy, haha, the part about the ECT was especially chilling.
Michael Howard chapter 2 . 11/5/2009
Another wonderful quote at the start of this installment, and more chilling glimpses of this disfunctional (near?) future society you're presenting here. The supposedly comforting labels like 'Guardians' and 'State Health Institute' (double meaning there, no?) actually frighten more than they assure.

So when do Tam and Marcus meet again?
persephone jones chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
wow, this is a really cool story! i love that your style is a little bit subtle; the beginning lines about the hair and everything immediately set the scene and created this unique atmosphere for your story. i am totally digging it. it's a little bit mysterious, but i like.

(Generously, they filled it with the makings of a good citizen. The Order of the Catchement. The Citizen’s Act. The Code of Conduct. The History. She sat in a bare room while they played the recitations over. She knew them. She knew them backwards. But it wouldn’t stick. Her mind seemed to reject it, no matter how hard she tried.)

I LOVED this part. I think it hints at so many things! intriguing.
Narq chapter 2 . 11/4/2009
oh Marcus, I can just see you fuming and being angry!

Hang in there Tam, Marcus is going!
Narq chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
YAY! You've finally posted this up! It feels that I've written it with you :D

Anyways, you probably've noticed, but your summery in FP has been cut off.

Also, I love Marcus and Tam :)

Narq.
Michael Howard chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
A fantastic beginning to this story. I feel hooked already. You have done a wonderful job of introducing the reader to Tam and to this dark future by presenting a wealth of... missing memories.

And that quote to kick things off was amazing!
306 | « Prev Page 1 .. 11 18 19 20 21