Reviews for Absolute Zero
naito-kun chapter 3 . 7/9/2010
'to enter the school premise' think it should be premises here.

'when were you here?' somehow i think when did you get here will sound better.

AND THE ENDING OMG AH SCARY WHERE DID SHE COME FROM?
naito-kun chapter 2 . 6/24/2010
onee-sama, strangely that reminds me of kuroko from to aru majutsu no index... anyway, i like hideto, he's hilarious!
naito-kun chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
'What little hair he had left dangled messily over his oil scalp.' think it should be oily scalp here?

"What the hell…are you doing some kind of Hulk imitation?" - omg loved the you're in the wrong comic thing!

AND OMG THIS IS JUST THE PROLOGUE O_O nice nice. oh and hi fellow singaporean (waves)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 6 . 2/23/2010
Well, I've got no opinions in you killing off Takumi, but I guess you could have done it in a less gross way since I'm one who believes such character like him don't deserved to be offed like that. :S You can call me Mr Nice Guy here now. :D

Anyway, the whole Kamino Zairetsu thing really reminds me of the Mishima Zaibatsu of Tekken. Both are uber high tech and both are evil. That's enough. Anyway, the whole assassins introduction was really rather interesting. But I feel it would be better if you can actually include reactions from the rest upon Hideto's introduction. That would have created a certain impact both for this chapter and the future ones.

With that being said though, I do notice certain familiar names. Craig Bellamy from Man City is one. Senba Tsuru in reality is a character I've came across in one of the local mangas I've read before. I think you're S'porean, so you would have heard of Wee Tian Beng and all the works he had done. And Bunshichi, dude you surely have seen Tenjou Tenge. XD

As for the little Bleach reference here, I do think the character in question reminds me much more of Gin. But then again, I never actually read Bleach apart from the sporadic character references I've heard online. But I did heard about Ichigo doing random one shot power surges every now and then without any existent logic behind it. That and Aizen is unkillable. :S

Okay, enough about the Bleach talk. I really like the part where you've done quite a bit on Hideto's helplessness in the face of so many higher opponents. But I think it would be better if you can flesh out the impact of Takumi's detah on him since that would be a good step forward on his character development. Apart from that, nothing much to say except the last part of this chapter really screams OMG UNKNOWN CONSPIRACY!

P.S: I'm really so sorry for reviewing this late. I admit I got held up by random stuff ranging from memory being short circuited to job hunting. And I've seen that it's been quite a long time since you've updated this one. So maybe you can send me a PM on whether you're still here. ;)
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 5 . 2/4/2010
Ergh. Brain failure here for not reviewing you earlier. :S Anyway, it seems that this chapter's title did take an unexpected twist meaning wise, huh? Okay, basically on the date scene with Misaki, it seems that everything has gone on smoothly here. Nothing much to critique on this area. With that being said though, Studio Ghibli ftw. I know I'm being a nerd here, but I surely feel that the company pwns Disney for free. And I've yet to forgive Disney in taking over Marvel, hence the possible result of a comics rape beyond the scale of any other shit. :S With that being said though, do you know that there's an Earthsea movie done by one of the Miyazakis? I don't know if he's the Senior or Junior though. And I'm going to watch Karas after finishing Kara no Kyoukai. That plus I'm still waiting for the subbed version of UBW to come out online.

Okay, I've digressed enough here. Well it seems that although the politics going on in Reizoshi are pretty much simple in nature, but it's a bit unexpected albeit I should have seen it coming. Me and my dumb brain. :S And I truly think the plot is right now kicking into full motion here. Wondering what will Karyu's role in this story will be. I doubt you will make him as a minor character to be honest.

That plus Takumi and Shirasawa are so damn annoying. It's like I'm seeing clones of Miaka from the Fushigi Yuugi fame. Sorry if you're upset with my comments here. But then again, it's a given that not all characters will be well liked in a story. And if you're really meaning to make Takumi and Shirasawa to be somewhat annoying in the whole bro-con and sis-con area respectively, then you've accomplished your job here. ;)

On an important side note, I've lost count on how much of the review quota I've owed you up till now. So yeah, I might go back to square one on this one. Meaning starting the whole reviewing quota back to the scratch That is unless I've managed to know the number of reviews I've owed you so far. :S Sorry for this lapse of brain. Hopefully you're not offended by this statement. :( But be assured that I will try to do the review tracking on this area.
Juiceee24 chapter 14 . 2/3/2010
WOW i love this story T!

You mixed in elements of one piece, Veritas, and your own originality into it. It's turning into an amazing story
Eytha chapter 14 . 1/29/2010
I'm back again. I wanted to see what you ended up doing after talking with you. I was surprised to see that most of the chapter was pretty action oriented with fights and the tournament. You introduced a lot of new character really quickly. I don't know if they will hold some importance or not, but it got pretty hard keeping them all straight.

I actually had some trouble just keeping all of the new names straight and who was talking about who. The initial fight that started out the chapter that was mostly over already. It was difficult to follow everything go on. There were several names being thrown out and fairly light on details that the fight got really confusing really easily.

The confusion smoothed out as the chapter went on. I feel like I should be remembering a lot of these names because some of them sound really familiar, but I can't really place any of them.

The fights were pretty well done and brought in some new techniques to see as well. I was half expecting Yoshihito to end up managing a win somehow being the typical Shounen type. But it was pretty cool to see Hideto jump in and stand up even though there is no idea whether or not he will stand a chance in the fight.

The more I read the past the more I really do think of Tenjou Tenge. Well I'll be curious to see how you end up handling this given the decision that you made. Keep up the good work!
Eytha chapter 13 . 1/29/2010
I'm sorry it's been so long since the last review. I've been trying to catch up on reviews and I'm finally really close, though I still owe you a bunch. But anyway, it's another fun chapter about Hideto's past.

The exploration of his past is quite fun to watch. And I see that you're continuing the running gag with the manga references to Shounen. I would still be a little worried about how much you're using it per chapter. It is quite amusing to watch for a number of reasons, but with any joke overusing it will kill its charm quickly.

I liked the part where Hideto got to learn what he element type was. Since the reader already knows it is fun to read to see how it all unfolds and understanding better than he does at the moment what is going on. Those moments can always be fun for the reader, especially when the reader often feels as though they are out of the loop. So moments like can help really connect with them and make the reader feel like they are a part of being in on something.

It felt a little unrealistic that Hideto picked up like 3 abilities or techniques that are probably fairly powerful in a month. Maybe Hideto is more the Shounen hero than he realizes, learning so quickly.

Hearing that Hideto was a level 0 mage for some reason made me think of Mx0. I don't know why since there is really no relation at all. It just popped up in my head.

The word plays that you have were quite well done and only something that someone who knows Japanese well enough would be able to pull. The Japanese do love their word plays. Wish I could manage that, but I'm still learning. Anyway, great job on that!

I like the little ending you have with Takumi showing up. I figured it would happen and it makes for a nice full circle moment. Everything is looking good. Can't wait to see what happens next. Keep up the good work!
justyourothergirl chapter 14 . 1/28/2010
Hello,

It's almost insane how long I waited for this chapter. It's a good fight and it makes me want the next chapter. Keep up the great work.

Much love,

justyourothergirl
Vernelley chapter 14 . 1/27/2010
Yay new chapter! D

Plenty of action in it. Song's laugh is irritating.

I noticed one or two spelling errors but I can't remember where. That's about it though.

Good chapter, looking forward to next one. )
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 4 . 1/17/2010
Herro there. Me again. Hopefully you still remember me. :) Okay, firstly I sincerely apologize for being so uber late in reviewing. Got caught up with a major Black Lagoon fever and the effects haven't been totally shaken off because I've yet to reach the updated Black Lagoon manga chapters. Here's hoping that the bs known as license issue won't screw me ten times over. :S Enough about the pointless talk. Okay, firstly it really seems that Hideto is truly your own version of Tohno Shiki. What escapes me though was the fact that why he always held back unless being forced not to. Some kind of cat playing with the mouse? Or could it be something more in depth? I think this will be one of the issues you might need to think about here.

And it seems that the Iwamoto family politics are pretty much screwed up. With that being said though, I'd actually ship for a Hideto-Shizuru romance here. After seeing the fight, I just feel that Shizuru will go better with Hideto due to the possible chemistry. ;)

And Karyu is a troll. In fact his nature reminds me of Terumi/Hazama of the BlazBlue games aka the S tiered troll in the series. I do have to admit though that the ending part on him is pretty much of a nice touch on his humane nature not to mention I'll be interested to see what kind of beef does he has with Raikyo. ;)

P.S: I know I'm being shameless here, but I truly hope you can review A Ranger's Taleby yours truly soon. But if you're busy or what not, then you can take your time. In fact if you're one to be pretty much rigid on the whole "a review for a review" kind of guy like me, I can actually wait until I've paid back the full quota you've sent me all the while. :)
anti-climax chapter 11 . 1/10/2010
Magiscape. Sweet, reminds me of Sieghart's Time Sphere in Rave Master. And Craig Bellamy was one of my most detested characters in One Piece ever. I actually cheered when Luffy struck him down with a single blow in front of all his friends haha.

I'm still waiting on Hideto returning yo! :P
anti-climax chapter 10 . 1/10/2010
Nice climax.

I still wished Peter would die before Chris arrived, but still Chris is one of the most interesting characters I've seen in this story so far given the mysterious nature of his magic.

Gray's intentions are understandable but I don't quite understand why he would have approached Morris then. It was quite clear that you intended to use the fight just to display Gray's prowess...
Candyfloss Victim chapter 3 . 1/10/2010
oh shit lol I'm guessing she's the First Saint? If she is then it's AWESOME that it's a girl! :D If not, I don't care lol it's still awesome! Adn she's blonde, always a plus :D
Candyfloss Victim chapter 2 . 1/10/2010
again, another brilliant chapter. although I'm having a little bit of difficulty figuring out who is who. My friend Jess does Japanese but even she gets confused between names/endearments/ titles. I'm trying to keep up, though, and for the most part it's working lol can't wait to read the next chapter:D
66 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »