Reviews for Absolute Zero
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 3 . 12/28/2009
Well, it seems that Hideto got himself into a fix by the end of this chapter in facing the First Saint. With that being say though I think Hideto was ranked number two if my memory did'n die out on me. ;) Anyway, this was an good chapter in terms of action. You did well in creating the fighting scenes while I did admit it feels good to see Hideto owning Guo Qiang. But him winning the entire lot prior to meeting the First Saint actually caught me out quite a bit in the sense that he's actually much more powerful than I thought during the prologue. And I believe the days of him being bullied by Guo Qiang actually predated the moment he became an assassin in the prologue. tbh I will go Drizzt mode on you if that's not the case mainly because crap doesn't look logical to me. :S And I'm seeing certain traits of Nanaya Shiki in Hideto from what I've gathered in his fight with Guo Qiang. Granted it's due to the trauma, but part of me will think his assassin training will have an even greater impact to it. Anyway, got to go now. Wil try to review you again. Soon. An dyeah, I'm really sorry for the belated review here. :(
anti-climax chapter 7 . 12/22/2009
Lol assassins reading One Piece strikes me as extremely amusing for some reason.

'Shaped like a cross and bigger longer than even his height' - bigger longer?

This feels a little like Aokiji vs Hawkeye, if such a fight were ever to happen in One Piece but Hideto (sorry, I'm too used to his normal name to call him otherwise) hasn't learnt how to make himself intangible yet regretfully.

Can't say I liked him losing, but he'll probably be back right? No Diamond Joz to block the world's strongest strike for him xD

As always, good fighting scenes although I think you could always add more moves to make it even cooler, like blink strike or even a blade storm haha!

Come to think of it, Hideto didn't even call out his familiar... So he wasn't exactly going all out or did it just slip his mind or did he just consider it to be futile? I recall you mentioning that familiars were extremely powerful in this story so shouldn't it make sense for him to try and call it out to give him any advantage against 'Hawkeye'?
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 2 . 12/22/2009
Eh, me back again. :) Honestly I actually intend to go FB, but crap is loading like shit, so yeah, off to do some reviewing first. :) Anyway, I can really see that this is a lol chapter. Hideto seems to really have some tough luck with girls here. Or at least the ones he met so far are a pair of nutcases obsessed in different ways. :D

Well, to be honest I really like the meeting between Mai and Hideto. It may seemed serious at first glance, but I can see the subtle humour here. Maybe you could try aiming for something more slapstick though. Like Hideto accidentally "molested" Mai or something like that. I always like this kind of scenario not because I'm a pervert but because I always went lmao everytime when I saw such scenarios. And is it me or am I really seeing some kind of two way tsundere between Hideto and Mai here? Anyway, I guess it's a no-brainer that I will see a Hideto-Mai romance. And that will be pretty good in my opinion. :)

As for Hideto's character here, I won't say he's the prankster like you've said in one of your reviews. At least not for now. It seems that he's more of acting dumb due to him not wanting to be recognized ala Himura Kenshin of Rurouni Kenshin. I do like the way he act dumb here though. It really gives him a certain edge in the humour factor. And the ending of this chapter is such an insane cliffie. Will try to review again ASAP. :)
anti-climax chapter 6 . 12/22/2009
Mai's little brother dies? Nice way to set the stage for this saga (and he had too much of a sister complex anyway to be very likable), but I think you've made your main character seem a little too weak compared to the others here. If anything, I'm not really expecting all too competitive matches anymore, unless you're planning to follow the tried-and-tested shounen plot of good guy getting bashed up a few times first before leveling up or gaining some extreme new power and cleaning house.

Rigardo by the way... The character's name and design is from Claymore right? Isley's underling that was pwnt by Clare's half-awakened form?
Tsumujikaze no Soujutsu chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Herro. Me again. :) Anyway, I'm here for the payback. But since your chapters are so uber long, I doubt I can actually review more than one in a single go. :( Okay, firstly, I get the link between the title and the story. Secondly, this story of yours seems like an alternate version of Weiss Kreuz with other anime elements being thrown into the mix as well. In fact I guess it's some kind of Weiss Kreuz-Yu Yu Hakusho hybrid. But I don't have any issues with it to be honest. Although I can see the borrowed influences, I do think the whole thing is original enough. :)

And Hideto reminds me of Akira in Samurai Deeper Kyo for obvious reasons. If you're familiar with the series itself, you will know what I'm talking about. ;) Hideto's eyes did smack heavily of the Magan concept in Nasuverse though. More accurately is the fact that it reminds me of Sekika no Magan which grants the user a certain well known Medusa-like ability.

And I also like the fighting scenes here as well. So far it's one of the best I've ever seen. And quite obviously it's better than what I can come up with. And yeah, Souryuha is an ice version of Hiei's Kokuryuha ffs. That's part of the reason why I've said that this story got a certain Yu Yu Hakusho feel.

Just one thing to take note of in case you've still yet to do anything about it. I know that Hideto is more or less reserving a major part of his powers during the varying stages of combat here. And it's because of it that I really hope to see a viable reason behind it. Don't do it just because you want Hideto to be awesome in the eyes of the reader because that will backfire on you hundred percent. Of course I've done such a thing in some of my current works like what you've seen in the Arynn-Ronaldo fight and Lorenir vs Geron in The Eternal Grail. But at the very least I believe that I've created logical reasons behind these kind of scenario. Basically, this is a case where Hideto would be toast if he never go all out, so I will be curious to see why that's not the case in this chapter. Don't try to turn this aspect into the standard manga cliche and even if that's the case, most mangas don't abide by this rule anymore albeit I do feel that the GetBackers manga is indeed guilty of such a moment in one of the vital arcs. And Hideto reminds me of Aya in Weiss Kreuz. Must be the katana. :D
Frayling0 chapter 8 . 12/20/2009
Awesome, action packed chapter. I'm really enjoying this manga story! Kudos for the opening - I love scenes like that, where loads of different people see a major event occurring! It gives the story a sense of community and cohesion. Nice work! I can't wait for more! Luke
Frayling0 chapter 7 . 12/19/2009
Wow... I'm pretty speechless. That was gripping and action packed, and the ending was very suspenseful! I'm sorry I haven't reviewed sooner, I just have a lot of work at the moment. I promise to read more as soon as I can: awesome work! Luke
Eytha chapter 8 . 12/18/2009
Aw, nothing new on Hideto. Really going to make us wait to find out what happens to him huh? The moment for everyone to take in the moment at the beginning felt exactly like something from a manga/anime, good job on that. It felt a little weird seeing the somewhere else repeatedly, but I know that its hard to come up with an easy way to divide things and make it clear so not really a problem.

Though it is a little weird after everything being in first person with the main character out and everything is in third person again. Not much you can do about it since he is missing at the moment. Still it is nice to see the other fighters now.

For some reason this chapter felt really short even though I know the length is not really any different. You're doing a lot of set up though and I like the maneuvering of people with the alliances and plans. It should be fun to watch betrayals happen.

And now there is an answer to why Kenji was staring at the girl during the meeting. I did not really think there would be, but it is nice to see it was for a good reason. It is actually pretty interesting seeing how interconnected these people are with their lives. I like the depth and background that you're providing them. Hope to see more about the other characters as well. Should prove to be an interesting battle royale indeed.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
Eytha chapter 7 . 12/17/2009
Another exciting chapter. You brought back the action in full force and already have Hideto going up against the strongest person around too. I see what you meant about having him lose.

I noticed that you added a little extra detail to some of the things. It looks good, helped to really sell some of the epic feeling that was going on.

It got pretty crazy with all of the attacks going around. Though it was funny seeing the two just having an almost friendly conversation before the fight. I guess it was in their nature to be like that. It was nice how you slipped in a little more history on Hideto as well. A few breadcrumbs here and there. It looks like you have a pretty extensive history for him, it'll be fun learning more about him at things progress.

And what a cliffhanger to leave things out on too. Now I will have to go read the next chapter just to see what happens. It's a pretty dire situation for Hideto. I didn't have much to say, but keep going.
Eytha chapter 6 . 12/17/2009
Sorry it took me so long to get back to reading. I came down with a little illness that made it difficult to focus on things. But I'm here and wow you have put out three chapters already. So fast.

It's surprising though how quickly everything changes around in this chapter. You were softening me up with the light hearted humor and things from the last chapter and then this happens. Poor kid, surprisingly graphic too, but not too bad. I was a little surprised you did that, but I like that you did not shy away from doing it. I'll always support the brave that decide to kill someone even if it could be sad.

One thing though I think you went a little heavy on the real life examples. Being a Bleach fan I was thinking Hitsugaya before you even come out and said it. I think it would have worked out better as a subtle nod rather than coming out and saying it. I tend to avoid directly calling out something that really exists in the real world, but I usually don't mind reading about it. After the One Piece reference it started feeling a little thick.

Though that minor point aside I really enjoyed the chapter. While there was not a lot of action you certainly provided some surprises and plenty of tension. I will be curious to see how many people you do end up killing. I get a feeling not everyone will end up dead.

And Mai was sandbagging on Hideto, that's rather amusing. It was actually pretty fun watching Hideto feel like he was getting smaller and smaller in the room as he realize how out classed he was. It's nice seeing the humbling effects.

I'm going to try to get through the next couple of chapters tonight. You'll know if I do or not. Keep up the good work. Things are getting very exciting.
Hikari no Bushi chapter 8 . 12/17/2009
Greetings, it's me again, Hikari no Bushi, a.k.a. the Warrior of Light. First, I must applaud you for having conjured a marvellous introduction of all the assassins, each and every one of them characterised with peculiar, compelling names, abilities, and even dispositions. I especially relish the way you flattered the dignified stature of Kamino with a polished oratory that exudes pride and pomp, though his moral scruples deserve question. And for being able to create a heated atmosphere complete with brawls, taunts and all within an otherwise simple introduction, I take my hat off to you. Besides, your depiction of Takumi's death was pretty gruesome but praiseworthy, and I like the fact that Mikhail Khrushchev was able to strike fear into the initially smug Kamino Kirei, which presents sort of a twist. My only grouse is that Hideto seem to have recovered from anger, shock and grief so quickly that I thought it unnatural he was able to cast his emotions aside and reflect on his abilities as measured against the rest, and worse, be entertained by the mismatch between Christopher Littlefield's assistants. That aside, you certainly amuse me with that Pokemon concept of yours, which I feel takes the edge off the tense climate as perceived by the reader.

I suppose this is the first time I have read that the once proud protagonist of the story was pitifully thrashed in battle, through and through, with ALL his attacks rendered inffective. I beg your pardon if I'm mistaken, but even Hideto's trump card "Azure Devastation" was effortlessly crushed by Mikhail, much to my surprise and dismay. But then again, that was expected of a confrontation with the world's number one assassin. Nonetheless, your description of Hideto's grim determination and pensive, self-accusing introspection merits as much admiration as sorrow. The first thing that came to my mind was Naruto, but I'm guessing you intended to recreate a character in One Piece. In any case, you have certainly brought out the anime feel and done justice to the undying spirit and code of honour of a true warrior as is frequently portrayed in the Japanese culture. Touching as it is gripping, I must say the outcome of the battle bewtween Mikhail and Hideto is truly one of its kind. Excellent!

Conspiracy as a title is decidedly fitting for a chapter that is steeped in mystery, cunning and treachery. It piques my curiosity, much as I believe it would other readers, to know what Chris had designed against Kamino, why he attacked Senba Tsuru and what kind of plan the Tokiha family and Kim Bao Sung had devised in concert (I'm guessing the woman in the dark to be Mai :)). Though I can't help but feel a twinge of sorrow for the Iwamoto siblings. A brilliantly woven plot, you have set the stage right, and I'm looking forward to how the whole story will pan out hereafter. An awesome stroke of genuis, I hope your talent would continue to deliver to the superb standards of an anime-in-writing master! Kudos!
anti-climax chapter 5 . 12/17/2009
One thing immediately jumped out at me... HAWKEYE? You just had to take one of the coolest Shichibukai from One Piece haha..

I liked the date segment, it was a nice change of pace from the non-stop fighting and Misaki seems to be a nice character. You going to kill her now?

Now that the Battle Royale starts... What's the connection between the assassins' battle and that of the Saints? It doesn't seem to be connectible IMO
anti-climax chapter 4 . 12/17/2009
G'day mate! Greetings from Down Under, I'm having a relatively peaceful night atm to finally be able to get back to you haha...

All right, my thoughts is that this chapter should have been devoted to the battle between Shizuru and Fujimoto alone to be honest. You could have prolonged their fight (which I felt was somewhat short given their capabilities) and left the fight with Karyu for later because there was just too much different significant battles taking place within the same period of time.

Also, I think the allegiance of the Raizoshi students switched a little too quickly; one minute they're shooting hostile glares at Fujimoto the next one of them is asking him out on a date. I do realize that they helped each other against Karyu but given that he battered them into submission only moments earlier I would have expected there to be more of a wary respect than outright acceptance.

Other than that, no fault with your fighting scenes as usual. How were your exams by the way? Done with them already, since you seem to be updating quite often these days hehe
ASTAngrySojiroT chapter 6 . 12/16/2009
Nice job, very One Piece in this chapter, but I loved the detail into the assassins, but I never expected Takumi to die, you really hit me hard with that,Great Job!
Luna the wolf dancer chapter 2 . 12/16/2009
I liked the characters interactions and the chapter in general ) it was very action like and I hope to learn from this and the others from Louise's website
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 .. Last Next »