Reviews for Whimsical
thewhimsicalbard chapter 1 . 6/28/2011
First, thanks for your review of Hat, which was almost a month ago. I'm quite behind, and for that I apologize most profusely.

Now, your story. "Cute" would be the word to describe this story. It's pretty ironic, really, but in a benign sort of way. He's trying so hard to be whimsical and capture the feeling, but he doesn't realize that the feeling is right around him already. It's a shame, but I think many people could relate to it.

As usual, your spelling, grammar, and punctuation are spot-on. Thank you so much for that by the way. I've been subjected to more poor editing from every corner of the internet tonight than I care to talk about.

Thanks again for the awesome review!

-twb
C. Tattiana H-H chapter 1 . 7/6/2010
I definitely feel you tied in the prompt nicely this one. It took me a moment to let everything sink in while I re-read the prompt, so I like that you made me feel like that. I thought this was a good piece, overall. It had an interesting tone to it. I don’t know how to describe it really, it was just different. The tent-thingy in his sister’s room was described really well. I was definitely able to picture everything, and I felt a sense of wonder, myself, when I read it.
AvidWriter-92 chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Hey, Sercus Kaynine. :)

I thought I'd review most of your older stuff, before I read and reviewed Wildest of Tales. Hope you don't mind. :P

First off, I liked your spin on the prompt. :) I thought you related to it well, but you still added your own twist to it.

I know exactly how Eric feels... I completely agree with him. :P I've stayed up late, trying to describe a feeling, but couldn't capture it right.

I really liked the brother/sister relationship that Eric and Andrea have. :3 It's really cute, and I think the dialogue between them reflects both of their personalities well. :)

I know that this is an older story of yours, but I bet you could go farther with this, if you wanted. :)

Avid Roadhouse. :)

Repaying reviews... 1/9.
Glass Queen chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
haha cute, i liked it. well put together.
lookingwest chapter 1 . 11/18/2009
Hm, as in your other story, you have a really interesting way of working with the prompts, a really great talent for it actually. This was also very unique, and I especially loved the ending. Add Pikachu slippers into anything and it instantly turns to gold.
Sophiesix chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
I love how you weave the older brother younger sister dynamic, here. The younger sister seems in a srene wold of her own, whilst the elder brother reaches and frets, and yet you get a sense of closeness too. I think your description of that sense of trying to capture the atmosphere of your dream is great, I can really relate to it; so frustrating! But I felt Eric's character wasn't as well described as Andrea (I love the pyjama comment). Lovely piece, and good luck for the WCC!