Reviews for The Fish Who Questioned The Moon
MsWriter chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
wow that was incredibly detailed. I loved your use of words. It painted a fantastic picture. keep up the good work
softrequiem chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
I love the rhyme in this :D lol. The fish gets hurt by the moon's questions, but I actually like the moon.. it seems old and wise (compared to the fish, who has only lived in the world for a short while). I see the fish as a representation of people who judge others by their appearance, and then get put in their place.

Sorry, maybe I'm just reading too much into this, LOL XD Nice job on the poem - the imagery is lovely :)
walkonair chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
For some crazy reason, this reminds me of the poem "Maggie and Milly and Molly and May" by ee cummings:

maggie and milly and molly and may went down to the beach (to play one day)/and maggie discovered a shell that sang/ so sweetly she couldn't remember her troubles and/ milly befreinded a stranded star/whose rays five languid fingers were;/ and molly was chased by a horrible thing/which raced sideways while blowing bubbles;and/may came home with a smooth round stone/as small as a world and as large as alone./For whatever we lose (like a you or a me)/it's always ourselves we find in the sea.

(sorry. I got a little carried away there!) This was always one of my favorite poems, and for some reason yours reminds me of this.

I love the ending lines in yours: He never forgot its lack of good grace/And ne'er again did he speak to the moon

I also like how you never assigned male (or female) pronouns to the moon.

Sorry this review is so long! Katie
Ravina chapter 1 . 11/6/2009
I used to speak to the moon too, only I never found it proud - only kind of stalkerish. (I used to think it was following me home...but hey, I was 7 or something.)

- Rebekah
Dieter Haley chapter 1 . 11/5/2009
THIS SHOULD BE A MOVIE, PROBABLY. o_o

but for serious? did you write this just today? because if so...holy crap. it takes me like a year to write a poem.