Reviews for Giving Birth to Constellations
Jalux chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
Dialogue was strong here, really natural and for such a short story it really managed to flesh out the two characters. Really like the writing of this, really condensed but nice to read with no grammar errors and good sentence structure. Liked the ending too, especially her answer to his question which gives a nice sense of closure.
shirogiku chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
What a charming story)))your Muse is lovely. And Sinatra songs, heh

"Of course, it is also a matter of personal history between the word and the writer." - so true
MantraMagazine chapter 1 . 1/11/2010
Very imaginative. I almost want to apologize because as soon as you said 'dandy' I thought William Beckett in "A Little Less Sixteen Candles..." Very fluid and experimental, it was quite stimulating to read. Mostly I think because the idea of a muse can be open and free, and since you didn't point out right away who was where what was what (thank you, by the way) you left a lot for the mind to try and wrap itself around. That, my friend, was the best part. Trying to figure out what he was doing, who he was, and then when you took a hazardous guess, what he was to the writer why he was there, etc. I almost feel like I learned something from this short story, though you didn't teach from books. And I feel that this muse of yours is a character I would never be able to handle and am glad he's yours. -Laughs- I bet you are too.

PS: I like the word luxurious, though it does weigh heavily on the tongue. My favorite word for joy of pronunciation and meaning is "seize". Wonderful word!
helike chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
Way to go, Captain Obvious! “I can see that.” He rolls his eyes. “What about?”

“You.”

The best lines ever XD A very good, good story.

Sorry, honey, for not writing anything more today, but my brain kinda died ;
The One Who Shall Not Be Named chapter 1 . 11/7/2009
I thought I would sign in here, albeit anonymously to drop you a semi-coherent review (it'll never be as concise and coherent as you deserve because I've been sliding or spiralling down into some semi-depression, and yes, talk lots and lots of gibberish as a result).

Anyhow, I love your writing style here: it's very visual, playful and reads fluidly. I'm somehow torn between awe and envy because you're a truly skilled writer. Not only because you choose your words so carefully, but because your work is different, original. Of course, your references are love; it conveys a lot of charm to your work.

I like your characterisation of The Muse (I assume he is that?). He's very charming!

Oh, and here my review shall end because I don't have anything else that is relevant to say. Just dropped by to say I read and liked.