Reviews for Ode To Joy
frugale chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Another sleek summary. Really nice and vivid haiku, somehow Jack Kerouack for a reason. Going to my faves~
Punslinger chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
And it is a joy to read this outstanding haiku. It takes me back to the times I've used radio music to relieve the tension of driving in congested traffic.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
Nice ] Kind of describes the whole travelling process really!
tonight we bloom chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
this is beautiful! so short but so powerful and pretty.
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
That was beautiful. It was simple but effective, even with the music, which I liked. :-)
Faithless Juliet chapter 1 . 11/9/2009
There is something extremely mystical about ode to joy, I think everyone takes something different away from it.

Thinking of it makes me think of flamboyant wonderment, a kind of exagerated moment or conversation. I like how you've made it the companion of this person on the road, it's like that saying 'I'll be whoever you want me to be.' The song is whatever they need it to be. Keep up the good work.

Much love,

Juliet.
Isca chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
I love the idea that the passing of time, represented here as the blurring highway, is compatable with the ineffable quality of music. Wonderful little haiku. :)
theory of black chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Firstly: Wtf, mate? I spent a good few tries typing in your old pen name into the URL bar. Then I had to navigate through FP's impossible interface to find my profile to find my favorite authors and then I had to scan the list of all 28 of them to find you! Good thing I know your real name, I guess. But still... it was a minor inconvenience that took me away from my other duties mainly consisting of killing time.

Secondly: I love that a song is a companion because they're so constistant. They don't change in the middle of what you're doing (unless it's live, but that's not my point). They're very... reliable, I suppose. The highway passing in a blur also involves the reader because it shows exactly how wrapped up in the moment/song you were. Very nice.