Reviews for The Wastelands
Lilium Inter Spinas chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
I wish this were more than a one-shot; I'd love to know more about the city and what sorts of characters would live there, and if anyone would be brave or stupid enough to go outside in the wastelands. Nevertheless, it's a well-written and well-constructed piece of excellent detail.
MrBillyD chapter 1 . 11/12/2009
Your descriptions are vivid and full of vitality. Your introduction mentions that the wasteland surrounds a city. If you can give such tremendous vividness to this lifless wasteland, who knows what great things you can accomplish with a city full of people?
Elber of Torou chapter 1 . 11/11/2009
I love the evocative description you have used here. It really brings out a sense of the place. With a bit of concentration, one can truly imagine oneself to be deep in the wastelands.

However, this doesn't seem to make a complete story on its own-there is no plot or anything. Will this be a prologue, or introduction to a new chapter or something? That would probably be the best place for it, rather than just stand-alone.

Otherwise, this is a really neat descriptive piece.
IanO chapter 1 . 11/10/2009
A very descriptive account of this terrible place. Wonderful job of setting the scenery. I hope there will be a story now set in this place, now that we have such a vivid picture.