Reviews for Among the Ruins of Penwig Abbey
la bonne annee chapter 6 . 8/18/2010
Aw this is a really great chapter. Most of the time I don't care for stories that alternative POV, but you do it so well. You also have a great grasp of the historical aspect (expect, did Germans in the 1940s say tosser?), which takes a lot of work.
la bonne annee chapter 4 . 8/18/2010
So great! I quite like Hans.
la bonne annee chapter 3 . 8/18/2010
Wonderful transition. Now I see where this story is headed. (I have not read your summary, so I really had no idea.) Ophelia's quote toward the end about the world being grey didn't really work for me (on a believable dialogue level, and a fitting the conversation level), but other than that I think this chapter is just as good as the rest.
la bonne annee chapter 2 . 8/18/2010
This is really good. Very good. I like it a lot. Did they perhaps land on the summerhouse? I'm not quite sure but I think that would be quite a story!
la bonne annee chapter 1 . 8/18/2010
Oh what an exciting first chapter! Very well written, and interesting. I like the girls' names very much, particularly Ophelia. Such a pretty name. (Lavinia though, while a pretty name, met such a sad fate I think it quite strange to name your daughter after her.) Looking forward to reading on!
AndItMovesUsAll chapter 52 . 8/17/2010
This was a beautiful, captivating story. :D Their reltionship was so real and you really did well with all the detail on the war at the time.
chillinwithRAYintheuk chapter 52 . 8/16/2010
Hello! Ok... So first of all... I am TERRIBLY sorry that I have not left a review until now! I came across this story yesterday and I read all night and I started reading again today afterschool. And I just now finished it! Whoah! So I have a LOT to say about this story but I'll try and keep it short and sweet cuz I don't want to end up boring you by rambling which I usually end up doing in most of my reviews. First of all, I just would like to state that this is by far THE BEST story I have read on fiction press so far. I was so amazed how it instantly hooked me in with the first chapter. And my how the story kept taking interesting,nexciting, unexpected etc. plot turns throughout. It really kept me interested thewhole time.

Secondly, I would like to say that I just loved your characters. I know people might say this a lot,(but it often isn't said enough), but I really truly felt like I could relate to them. In the sense that I never felt like they were too "perfect" in any ways. At times, I really felt like they were real people and that I knew them so closely. And that's what a good story is supposed to do. And that is why I feel so terribly sad that this story has come to an end! :(

So, I have a suggestion: and I have no idea whether you would be the slightest bit interested in it... But..

I was wondering if you would ever want to continue with this in a way. Now I don't mean like a grand epic sequel

or anything! (but if you really want to, that's fine with me!) but more like one shots and the likes that take place

between the last two chapters. I don't know if you would even want t do that, but I really hope that you don't wish

to completely rid yourself of anything else associated with this story. I DESPERATELY would love to hear more

about what happened right after the second to last chapter when Ophelia stopped Hans from leaving. I just love them so much and feel close to them, that I wanna hear more about their life after that chapter.

Anyways... I'm really hopin you'll consider that.. And consider it SOON if you do :) I am just a very impatient little girl :) ha ha. Well, I'm sorry if I bored you with my long, drab review. I really tried to keep it short. There is just much running through my head after finishing this! I guess I will close this torture by saying that I LOVE this more than words can describe! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent for writing and giving me something

amazing to read. It really made my day after a crappy boring Monday. Lots of love! :) have an excellent week!
Guest chapter 52 . 8/16/2010
Great story! Best yet.
Eleventh Mushroom chapter 52 . 8/16/2010
Wow...

What a truly wonderful story. Thank you so very much for it.

You know what I think? Make that last chapter the epilogue and then write a sequal. :)

That's what I think.

Daerana
smrae chapter 52 . 8/15/2010
aw that was a great ending I really enjoyed this story. Thank you for writing it! I am definitely going to read your other stories!
Idle Psyche chapter 52 . 8/15/2010
A sweet ending to a great story, though I'm surprised that everyone accepted Hans and Moss so readily... Still, I'm not complaining and the story, overall, is a nice twist from the usual 'forbidden' love story )
Candles and Firelight chapter 52 . 8/15/2010
A beautiful, wonderful story. It's so hard to think of it as over now after reading it since it was started. Each chapter was lovely and the characters grew on you more and more.
SingingBird812 chapter 52 . 8/15/2010
Such a great ending to a wonderful story! It was a joy to be able to read, even if I didn't review often. Thank you for writing this! :)
Mahla chapter 52 . 8/15/2010
Bravo! What a story! The journey it has taken it's readers on. I loved this, without a doubt. It was beautifully written and crafted story. Thank you!

Jazz
voillaxx23 chapter 50 . 8/15/2010
ahh, Hans can't leave now! fix it! (btw, I', loving the story so far.)
193 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »