Reviews for Disguised In The Name Of Love
simpleplan13 chapter 1 . 2/19/2010
I really like the idea here, using the wedding (or engagement) ring as a symbol of such badness is a really interesting twist.

Again though, the phrasing at the end seemed off. You say "what should be... removing this ring." Maybe "What should be , that is, Having this ring removed" or something like that.

Still well done. Very powerful ending.

PS Check out the Review Game and/or its Review Marathon (links in my profile.)
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Beautiful metaphor for escaping in my mind an abusive relationship.
thinking.about.thinking chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Awesome.
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Ooh, this is amazingly clever ) I wondered what significance 'gold' and 'fourth finger' had, and it's a good job you kept the secret to the end. The analogy is great - removing this relationship so that your life does not fall apart completely. Simply genius )
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 12/10/2009
Really like how you did this one. Loved the way you used an object to portray the breakdown of a relationshop. It worked so very well!
Isca chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
"I can feel it searing the veins." This was my favourite line from the piece - it's very angsty and hard-hitting.
nickyO chapter 1 . 11/22/2009
Lovely expression of turmoil.
Mirabella chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Brilliant!

I love the idea in this.

Keep up the great work! :)
Random-Idiocity chapter 1 . 11/20/2009
Wow! this was wonderful, marriage is a serious matter and so is keeping your finger for that fact. Great job. Keep it Up!
Crazier chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
dat was beautiful
Punslinger chapter 1 . 11/19/2009
A painfully beautiful reminder that the gold band that is supposed to join two hearts in an endless circle can also stop the circulation that nourished them. Well done