Reviews for Tickle Monster
pradlee chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
I really like this, like the contrasts and extremes, but find it extremely creepy at the same time. Just...having someone do something like that to you, rape to me, (even if it's part of hirs touch of OCD and sie effectively can't help it) and letting hir get away with it suggests an (extreme) imbalance in the relationship. I'm all for BDSM (and this was a lot like that, what with the "fe[eling] used and hollow" and acceptance, like getting into subspace), but two of its tenets are being consensual and being safe (not causing undue harm, even, and perhaps especially, if it's mental).

Do you find this creepy? Or does it have another message/emotion to you?

The last two lines are a bit understated and somewhat clich├ęd to be extremely effective. I actually think that even just removing those lines would be perfect- the two paragraphs preceding those lines say the exact same thing, but they show it, don't tell it. The new last line would be a good, slightly ironic, ending, since it uses warm/soft/caring language (like at the beginning), despite all the violence in the middle of the story (from both characters' perspectives- Mihangel, obviously, but Jamie also considers "beating [Mihangel} until that...skin was nothing but one big, ugly bruise").

Ibbit chapter 1 . 12/9/2010
That was really weird. Jamie is a dark romantic. I've never come across one before. Thanks:] I also didn't know there was such a thing a tickle fetish. Nice one-shot.

Luck writing, and procrastinating.

ibbit
pattEcake chapter 1 . 11/21/2009
This story is beautiful- but sad. It's amazingly written, though, and as it's said in restaurants, 'Compliments to the creator'. Or chef or whatever. Anyway, this story had so much power... so much intensity and emotion, I could almost feel what Jamie was feeling. I'm adding it to my favorites [: