Reviews for Being Lucky
DormDad chapter 25 . 1/4/2013
Yeah! Good story. I liked the whole thing. The plot though was predictable. I enjoyed the twist with Sandy being the evil overlords daughter. The real twist then being a benign takeover with a plan that would improve the world. I kind of wish we actually had that. Still like the way you seen to have a twist within a twist. You have a real talent for writing and I sincerely hope you continue and find a way to make it your profession. I would love to see your book on a shelf someday and you making a lot of $$.
Write On!
PencilSketchS chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
This story seems like it will definitely be a lot of fun to read, so I will be getting back to it soon. I like the characters so far :)
DasNekros chapter 12 . 12/8/2009
Another great chapter! D Keep it up.

Just one thing - When the sword talks, you should make it clear. Italicize, single-quote, something that won't merge it with the narrator.

But excellent work regardless. )
DasNekros chapter 11 . 12/6/2009
Yay, dragon! Way to make a plot twist in the story!

I love the concept, and they way it's headed. Keep it up!

-DasNekros
DasNekros chapter 10 . 12/5/2009
I really like what you have going there. It looks very promising. Can't wait for updates!

-DasNekros
S. Kimball chapter 3 . 11/25/2009
Good so far. Everything I mentioned before is still doing well.

As for criticisms, sometimes I got a bit lost and sometimes the flow was interrupted. It seemed a bit rushed at times.

Sorry I can't write you a big review. I am reading the chapters you post though, even if I don't review every one.
S. Kimball chapter 1 . 11/23/2009
Interesting concept and good introductions.

Your dialogue is good; not amazing, I was occasionally a bit lost, but overall well done.

The humor was consistently good. It seemed a bit forced or over-thought at times, but that didn't detract from the jokes too much.

The beginning moved very fast. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but you dropped me into the thick of the plot without a lot of build-up. I'm not sure how the beginning could be improved, though, or even if it should.

Your characterization worked very well. I already understand a lot about each of the characters. I must admit, sometimes their actions or the way they interacted with each other seemed a bit (for lack of a better term) cheesy, but that's most likely just my bias from always writing and reading grim stories.

Subbing the story and waiting for more.