Reviews for Death Wears Yellow Garters
CrimsonQuill07 chapter 4 . 12/19/2012
Anyone who's read Agatha Kristy or seen Clue and enjoyed it must read this story. Its hilarious! I loved all the characters, especially the crazy aunt, and best of all I was still trying to guess who the murderer was right up till the reveal.
Shadow of Isis chapter 4 . 2/4/2011
And they lived happily ever after! No, I'm not making fun of you, I found myself very contented at the last paragraph. It cracks me up that Jay is attatched to Tinkerbell's daughter, stranger things and all. Poodles can be very neurotic and irritable, but some can be living dolls! I know two-mixed breed poodles and I adore both of them. Well, when the two girls get married, I know which one will be wearing the tux. From what you've described of Jay, its hard to picture her in the flowing white dress. I can only imagine what an event Aunt Mimi would make it. Well, at least Nicole's stepmother has come around. She's not the ice queen after all.

As far as the murder, I will admit, I was not that invested in it. Maybe because you made Jay/Nicole so compelling and I was distracted, I'm not sure. I never suspected the drinks could have been switched, but I makes sense. I feel really sorry for Harry actually, Tom was such a snake! We're all responsible for our own actions, but he contributed to his own cousin's suicide to fuel his sick humor, if that's what I can call it. Harry does need some help, though, and maybe he can find it and find a way to be productive behind bars.

Overall, fantastic story. I'm recommended this story to my sister, since she has this thing about reading only completed stories. This would be perfect for her. Oh, and also, I'll probably read another one of your stories soon, so see ya soon!
Shadow of Isis chapter 3 . 2/2/2011
Ah, the ol' break-in! I was just watching a Murder She Wrote that had a very similiar scene. (Well, you know, minus the two beautiful naked women!) It brought a sense of familiarity, but don't worry, it wasn't a rip-off. Obviously, it was the killer, because regular crooks don't go for the family ablum and leave the TV. Thank goodness he didn't try to hurt Jay. Cindy is growing on me, but I'm still weary based off what Slack had to say about her. I'm gonna wonder about her to the very end, I just know it!

I love the growing relationship between the girls, although it all seems a little fast. I kind of like the slow build, but that's a personal quirk, and really no reflection on the story or the plot. You did a very good job on the dream, it was coherent enough to make sense (dreams can be really disjointed) but out-there enough to be an authentic feeling dream. I'm not sure if you're giving us clues, or just showing us how the case is wearing down at Jay's defenses. I love Tinkerbell, I've actually seen dynamics between this in real life. My mom had a friend who hated her parent's little dog, because it was always getting her into trouble. It gave me a nice chuckle. You did it very well without going over the top.

Well, its getting down to the wire and I'm sure the murderer will be exposed any moment. I hope that it won't be too painful for Nicole, because I have a feeling it won't be the weasel of a cousin. That would just be too easy.
Shadow of Isis chapter 2 . 2/1/2011
This story has already made an impression on me, I could hardly wait to read the second set of chapters. The love scene was very sweet without being over the top mushy, and you definitely turned up the heat! (Still had funny moments, like Tiger's cameo.) 7 years, my goodness. I'm not sure if Nicole is a lesbian that tried having sex against her grain (a perfectly normal thing to do, especially when there's still bias against gay sex) or a bisexual woman who had a really bad experience with a man. I've observed both, and my heart really went out to the poor girl. I suspect she was probably a virgin, which makes it all the worse. I wish the ex wasn't so obvious a jerk, because that makes it a little simplisitic, but I admit, I had a lot of fun reading about Jay's response to him.

Good analysis on Jay's part about the difference between gay and straight clubs. Its reflective of social relationships in general. Men and women think a lot different (surprise, surprise) and I'm not sure if that's biological or cultural. Anyway, women don't have to fear other women sexually the way women have to fear men. Most of sexual predators are men, so there's a different "dialogue" between them. You captured that very well without having to divert from the main thread. It seems like Jay has always known who she is and isn't, so I imagine she hasn't had to suffer through the atmosphere, although being attractive, she seems to draw a lot of male male attention.

Aunt Mimi continues to be hilarious, although I don't know if it would be that strange a woman in her 40's or even 50's at a club. (Well, depending on the club, you're right about that.) 40 is like the new 30, and I guess 50 is the new forty. Then again, her get-up could explain a lot of weird looks, I'll grant you that. I have no clue about who the killer is, and to be honest, I'm not even trying. I'm just enjoying the supporting characters and the romance at this point.
Shadow of Isis chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
So far, I'm in love with this story! Your writing style is very sophisticated yet approachable. I love the relationship you're building with Jay and Nicole, it has layers, and despite the sterotypical way they met, there's nothing sterotypical about their interaction. You should very proud of your story.

As for the mystery itself, I'm impressed. Lots of suspects, the murder in the mansion, the eccentric aunt snooping around, its so old-fashioned. The supporting characters have a lot of depth too, right down to the detective. I'm looking forward to finding out more about our heroines.
Digen chapter 20 . 9/6/2010
Awesome! I really liked it)
Crazy Amazing chapter 20 . 8/17/2010
Ending was sweet :)
Crazy Amazing chapter 11 . 8/17/2010
Aunt Mimi is hilarious XD
Crazy Amazing chapter 10 . 8/17/2010
"Oh no, not another addition to the Amateur Sleuthing Club."

Oh yes! :)
Crazy Amazing chapter 4 . 8/17/2010
I've read this far and can't stop reading XD It's really good :)
Blair Phoenix chapter 20 . 3/23/2010
Wonderful Mystery story. I have to say, I did suspect Harry from the start, he seemed just too innocuously innocent to me lol.
StarvingLunatic chapter 20 . 1/9/2010
I thoroughly enjoyed this story. I liked most of the characters (Tom Jr was a dick) and I was glad that even though it was mystery, it didn't get too caught up in that. Instead of a bunch of twists and turns, you focused on the characters, which was very nice. Now, you could've gone into more depth with them, but you wrote this in a month and I have to respect what a good story you produced in such a short amount of time. Way to go!

And just out of curiosity, will we be seeing more of Jay, Nicole, and maybe Lucas? A short sequel of him trying to win Nicole back or something like that could prove entertaining. Anyway! Very good story. Thank you for sharing it. You're a wonderful writer! _
StarvingLunatic chapter 18 . 1/9/2010
Oh! Nice! Goes to show that Aunt Mimi isn't just some crazy old coot! I'm a little sorry things turned out the way they did, even though it did show that Aunt Mimi has what it takes to be a step-above amateur sleuth. Jolly good show. _
StarvingLunatic chapter 17 . 1/9/2010
Okay, before reaching the end, I just want to take a guess, not at whodunit, but just on how it happened. I'm assuming that Stephen Fox took the wrong glass and someone was trying to poison someone else. Now, being none-too-bright, I'm probably wrong, but I just wanted to put that out there.

Oh, I am thoroughly enjoying this tale. You've done good work here, so far. Good characters and I'm still wondering whodunit, so the plot is good. Aunt Mimi, though crazy, is adorable! I hope she doesn't drive Jay to an early grave.

Good work. Great story.
Omok chapter 20 . 12/5/2009
Man, I love Jay. She's darn hot.

thanks for writing this story; it was amazingly and brilliantly written and the mystery was brilliantly solved. )