Reviews for A Snake Can Smile
FaeryInAJar chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
Since you begged for a review: I thought this was realy great. Your character immediately grabbed my attention and the dry humor and sarcastic tone of the piece fit it perfectly. I didn't really notice any flaws. Excellent work!
Tinyyellowboxes chapter 3 . 6/28/2010
Wait? Why does this only have 10 reviews? This story is amazing! I mean, granted it's only three chapters and I haven't quite figured out how your going to get the two together but still, it's a refreshing difference in setting and main characters that works well with your writing style. Although I'm still not sure if I like Dante as he really is quite a brat, but I definitely like to read about him. Update soon? I really like this story and would be really sad if it were pronounced dead.
AJ715 chapter 3 . 6/2/2010
Great story! I love Dantes attitude. :( I wonder what Ryan wanted... I love this story! Keep up the good work and update soon! Don't leave me hanging! xD
bad-p0sture chapter 1 . 4/25/2010
I love this, but are you ever going to update?
Songs-from-the-Heart chapter 3 . 12/13/2009
I'm laughing at the old women and pinching cheeks it's how my grandma was lol. I'm beginning to like this a lot i just read the three chapters today. Hope you do good on finals can't wait until break lol and can't wait for an update great story btw
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 3 . 12/13/2009
It's kind of annoying how like every five seconds he's like, "GUESS WHAT I'M GAY." I mean, I know he's proud of it, or SOMETHING, but half the time it seems unnecessary and the other half the time it seems like he's using as a provocation, like, "Hey, I'm gay, what do you wanna do about it?" But other than that I'm liking it. Your characters entertain me.
big.break.and.laryngitis chapter 2 . 12/5/2009
I think I like Stupid Britney. As long as she continues to be chill. Hmm. This is vaguely interesting. Interesting enough for me to add to alert instead of leaving, anyway. Let's hope it stays that way, yeah? :P
plumblossom chapter 2 . 12/5/2009
Our guy of course has everything wrong: his grandma is a wonderful woman who just happens to belong to a culture he doesn't understand and which doesn't understand him: Britney is smart and tolerant and sensible and livel (yes, lively: the blank expression is to cover the complex stuff happening inside).

And big brother was accusing Ryan of being neurotic, not just gay.
Hell's first Icicle chapter 1 . 12/1/2009
love the story so far, and it will be interesting to see how he develops and how he handles the town. great first chapter! :)
B-Rose chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Really good start! Definitely looking forward to more. I love how Dante's a little brat, I think this story's going to be very interesting.
firestar267 chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
I really liked this, I think that it was a good introduction tothe characters and that it was well written - cant wait to read more!
plumblossom chapter 1 . 11/29/2009
Nice start. I do like brats who are coming back from something awful. No angelic victims for me!

But I must protest about "no trees in LA" - as a Northern Californian I'm supposed to be all superior about LA, but I have to admit it has a a lot of trees, and not just palm trees. And the palm trees are being replaced with better trees as they die.

But one thing about the Mediterranean climate, of which LA is a part - we don't lose a lot of leaves in October. We do get a nice red-leaf display in about September, mostly from the poison oak.

I have no idea what it's really like in Texas.