Reviews for Into The Night
S. M. Saves chapter 10 . 8/27/2010
Jake has himself quite a relaxed mum. Funny how she was able to identify with him. The light-hearted recollection contrasted nicely to the nightmare.

The dilemma of getting medical attention, I feel, is going to open up a lot by means of action and storytelling. There's a lot to stumble upon out there in the post apocalyptic world. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us.
S. M. Saves chapter 9 . 8/27/2010
Can I make another Torchwood reference? Pretty please? Season two, "Sleeper", Owen. Need I say more? :D I can see it too (not that!). Jake and Madison were leaning towards each other from the beginning. It didn't come as a surprise or appeared to be forced as if you wrote it just to be writing it.

I think I missed/forgot something. The person with Chloe, Mercy, is a woman? I thought it was a man. Was a gender reference made in prior chapters or did it slip by me?

Ninth chapter in and you're still shrouding us in mystery. If they're not burning, they're glowing! Surprise! I'd take that any day over an ordinary candle.

(I'm going to review the next chapter too; two for one, no need to repay.)
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 24 . 8/26/2010
Woohoo! I feel like I've been on a long and epic journey! For the most part, this was a gripping read because it was so realistic and it is something that I could imagine actually happening. Some parts that I wasn't convinced about were:

1. Why so many people at the hospital survived

2. The flickering light that is linked to emotions

3. And the burning 'power' that Jake now has ~ surely something like that would burn his skin or his clothes, and surely it wouldn't be something that he could control at will?

I was also left wondering whether or not you could've given us more information about the nuclear blast, maybe gone into a little more detail on how the rest of the world responded?

Anyway, those are just a few nitpicky bits. Overall, this was an engaging, gripping read, and I am very glad to have been able to find this. Thank you for writing it! :)

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 23 . 8/26/2010
Go go Jake, Chuck and Maddy! This whole chapter was pretty creepy, so I am very glad they managed to escape. And woah with the burning trick!

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 22 . 8/26/2010
Dunno what the football song is, oh well! Urk, so the man did turn out to be a creep. That's worrying. Did he drug the foods? Or has Jake suddenly reacted to the radiation? :/

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 21 . 8/26/2010
Poor Mercy, to have a kid thrust upon her without her choice. But it's good to see that some parts of society are still functioning alright, as I'd expected the whole country to be completely razed and full of crazed sub-human monsters. Not sure what's going on with Mr Winters though...he isn't going to try and eat the crew, is he?

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 20 . 8/26/2010
Nah, the length didn't put me off at all! I don't have much to say, except that I'm racing through these chapters, fully gripped.

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 19 . 8/26/2010
I found the scene with Jake and Shakespeare running through the fields oddly liberating, and it was wonderful to see that for a few moments, they could be just any other guy and dog, running around and enjoying the freedom. It was also good to see the English man being helpful too ~ nothing like a major disaster to switch on the helpful side of people!

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 18 . 8/26/2010
Eesh, I hope that Chuck and Maddy will be OK... Loving how despite the bleak situation you've put your characterrs in, you can still turn parts of this story into a high school spat! Poor Rebecca...I'm wondering if an outsider got her parents, or if one them turned crazy and tried to kill the other... :/

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 17 . 8/26/2010
Hah, loved the dig about America...reminds me of that facebook group that was set up during the World Cup ~ "France quitting? USA late? England left to fight Germany? Sounds familiar..."

Anyway, go Madison for one-upping Jake! The bold bit at the end confused me a litle ~ are we now skipping forwards in time?

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 16 . 8/26/2010
Eesh, you wrote the build up to the fight scene really well. I could honestly have believed that this whole chapter was written by a guy, which is probably the best compliment you could get when it comes to being in character :P ...and I'll never understand why guys feel the need to beat each other up and then act as if they're best friends afterwards.

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 15 . 8/25/2010
Ah, so I was wrong! The dog seems so cute, and reminds me a lil of the dog in the movie with Will Smith...eek, can't remember the name of it. Oh yeah, I Am Legend. The bold POV creeped me out a little; poor guy... :/ ...and poor Mercy too, with the whole Daniel thing going on there. There's so much pain and angst in this story, amidst the nuclear fallout.

Spotted a few errors:

I muttered, letting lose [loose] a grin when the dog replied to his name.

"To where thought [though]?" Madison asked

Then it should ware [wear] off in a couple of hours

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 14 . 8/25/2010
Jake doesn't think about anything but love, does he? xD

And I'm really digging the little bits of information about the radiation that you're throwing out at us! Who would've thought that this was such a small world with the prominent characters all knowing each other? :P ...I bet Jake's crew end up finding Chloe...

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 13 . 8/25/2010
Argh no time for a coherent review...next chapter...!

Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 12 . 8/25/2010
I like the random POVs ~ they really do add some depth to the story. But you need to make it explicit that they -are- different people; maybe put in some line breaks as well between the different POVs and work on creating stronger voices to distinguish the POVs as so far, the narrating styles are too similar for me to really know that they are separate characters.

167 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »