Reviews for Love's Vintage
darkershadeofpale chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
This is magic. Like really.

I don't know if it's just because I feel like I can identify with this in more ways than one, but this is pure magic, and it's a wonderful and meaningful and clever analogy, and I'm going to make you King of Metaphors or something, just you wait. I would like to favourite this multiple times, but that isn't possible, which is upsetting.

The sherry/tarry rhyme is a smidge forced.

And the part about the juices flowing? I'm giving you a squinty look and wondering if you meant what I think you meant. Not because I disapprove or anything, it fits in really nicely with the analogy you've got going there, but just because that was pretty sneaky. If you meant that. Which I'm not sure of.

You know, I've heard of cherry lips - from you, and I've written about them too - and rose-petal lips (me again), and candy lips and all kinds of other things, but never a comparison to sherry, which I think is a good one to make. Just alcohol in general, in terms of falling in love and being addicted to someone - it's really comparable, in a way.

Especially when you get to the part about draining her of her capacity to give - Honestly, Punslinger, your insights into the human heart and mind amaze me on a regular basis. Even with all of the crazy stunts you pull about rabbits and cohabiting.

"Dreaming of ripe grapes bursting" is gorgeous, and bittersweet (ha, pun) and just ... I can't help but feel for this guy. It's just shameful though,that men never actually realise how good they have it until she decides she's had enough. Which sucks.

Anyways. I have work that I should be doing, and it's 2:15am on the day before the day before it's due. So technically, I'm doing really well, considering my usual efforts.

. darker shade of pale
Brenda Agaro chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
I like the rhyme scheme and imagery. Very effective.
Monster Hoopla chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Wow.

I love your use of the metaphor. The poem was nicely written; the wording was well done, and I liked the theme. Very romantic. *adds to favourite list* :D
wo bu ai ni le chapter 1 . 12/9/2009
This is scarily similar to a poem I've written - I used the same metahpo :D

I like the desiring, selfish and self-confessed tone at the beginning, and at the end be it justice or irony (I vote irony), the even more bitter but unfulfilled neet.
LostInMe chapter 1 . 12/6/2009
Ooh...a very enrapturing poem. It's romantic and elegant. The metaphor is fantastically executed. Really great job!
East-0f-Eden chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
If I was to use the "skills" I gained in Shakespeare class I would say this poem is VERY VERY risque and shouldn't be allowed on this site. But, I really haven't learned anything in that class (or at least I don't believe it) and I loved how you compared a woman to a rare glass of wine. It's a great metaphor.
SirScott chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
This is a change from your regular political satire. The poem flows well.

SirScott
J.A. Fletcher chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
It's a good poem. Good metaphors.
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
Really like how well you used your theme all the way through to convey this. It works really well! I especially like 'lips tempting as sherry'
Mirabella chapter 1 . 12/3/2009
I'm definately favouriting this!

I love it, and it's very well done. Brilliant wording. :)