Reviews for Throwing Cherry Tomatoes from my Balcony
blurredmirages chapter 9 . 1/19/2013
I really like the style you write in. Keep up the great work!
The Autumn Queen chapter 47 . 9/16/2012
I like the second line because it nicely showcases the lust within humanity, how things are never enough,and I also like how you've worded the third line because it's a clever outlook to not realising what you have until you lose it.

Nice haikus.

Ohana from the review marathon (link in profile)
The Autumn Queen chapter 46 . 9/16/2012
I like the idea of water evaporating because it relates on a physical manner to sweat but also in a more metaphorical sense to comfort, and it's quite cleverly incorporated into the title in that sense. I also like the storm gathering because physical relates to a tropical storm but in a more subtle sense a nice contradiction.
The Autumn Queen chapter 45 . 9/16/2012
I like the exotic feel to this because it's something that's uncommon to see in haikus like this, but you've pulled it off nicely and understandably as well. I also like the last line because it's a nice contradiction captured in itself and also talks quite cleverly about hwo things don't necessarily mean what they appear to. Also touches on translation quite nicely.
The Autumn Queen chapter 44 . 9/16/2012
I don't like the order if your first 1.5 lines because I feel they wind up cancelling each other out in a sense. I think they're more effective with the negation first so it doesn't counternegate the first line. I like the second line though because the idea of a writer performing is quite cleverly relating back to the stage/play time, and Shakespeare in particular.
The Autumn Queen chapter 43 . 9/16/2012
I like the alliteration in the first line because it really brings out that weariness. I also like the iconcept of opening "a" book as opposed to "the" book as it zaps out consequence in a sense, but also shows an effort for escape. Half-hearted in a way, trying without much will but trying still.
The Autumn Queen chapter 42 . 9/16/2012
I like the concept of heat in this because it relates quite nicely to the pressure in a physical sense and the science behind it but also a metaphorical sense as well the way you've written it. I also like the second stanza as a whole because it contains a really nice contradiction and showcases nicely how some things are easier said than done.
The Autumn Queen chapter 41 . 9/16/2012
I don't like the first line because there's a sense of softness in the coarse image, and to me that's rather out of place. Perhaps it's the "Vast" bit - I think you need something harder and firmer to get your point across there. I don't quite like the last line either because it reads rather oddly for one, and I find myself disagreeing with the concept behind it, considering the problems computers can cause.
The Autumn Queen chapter 40 . 9/16/2012
I don't like the "eye contact" bit because i feel it somehow breaks the rhythm of the first two lines. It's too hard a sound, not like the "ch" in change which is far softer. Applies to the second paragraph/haiku as well

I really like the the third one though because it showcases a spiritual and physical travel quite nicely. A sense of searching, finding and illumination. A nice summary for the other four.
The Autumn Queen chapter 39 . 9/16/2012
I like how the first line can stand on its own because it has a very firm pause that easily grasps the next line in while at the same time able to balance itself out long enough to grab people in on its own accord. Very clever.

I also like the colours that come into play because they provide a nice juxtaposition against the shadow and unsighted illusions, and how colours can easily be a lure to bring people in to to speak.
The Autumn Queen chapter 38 . 9/16/2012
I don't like the third line of the first stanza because it screams "pirate" for some reason and I think it breaks the image from the first two lines in that sense. There's something a little purer and more refined in the first two lines to associate with the more grubby image of a pirate. I like the second stanza/haiku though because it reminds me of the idea behind the Emperor's New Clothes and one of the concepts of Macbeth, unable to fit into things - which should be a fairly good indication of something being wrong.
The Autumn Queen chapter 37 . 9/16/2012
I don't like the structure of the first haiku/stanza because it doesn't really contain a coherent flow and I think, with the images you've got, that would have really benefitted your poem. I like how the senses sneak in though because you've brought out a nice little prickly feeling amidst a sense of numbness - coffee merging into mist, warmth being dampened by cold, memories going off, sun disappearing behind cloud...it's perfectly balanced to give that little tingling, danging a carrot so to speak just long enough before snatching it away.
The Autumn Queen chapter 36 . 9/16/2012
Again, I don't quite like the ending of the first line because it comes out a little weak. Why not just "A mother's kiss", or to keep for, add a descriptor: "A mother's sweet kiss" - it would also get the rhyming in the second line a little more powerful.

I like the second line though because it does a really nice job in showcasing the innocence of a child and how that fades as life becomes more complicated and problems "bigger."

Nice Mother's Day Haiku.
The Autumn Queen chapter 35 . 9/16/2012
I like the cold stare because it's a very interesting reference to Medusa and the legend of her eyes turning anyone to saw her into stone...until the magic shield. :) I also like the gender balance you have in here because it nicely puts things into perspective, and also attacks the gender bias and how the gap has narrowed (and perhaps even flipped) today.
The Autumn Queen chapter 34 . 9/16/2012
I don't like the Nicholas Sparks reference because, quite frankly, I don't get it or the need for a name there. Specifying things like that can get risky because, particularly with a site like this, you can't control the demographics of the readers you get, and it's not probable that all of them would recognise a name like that. A lot of nationalities and cultures floating around here.

I like the paper cuts though because it's a nice allusion to how little things can be a large cost, small things coming in large packages and it also reminds me of that 100(0?) cut thing, small cuts eventually ending in the death of a person. On a wider note it also reminds me of a small slip in concentration, and it's quite nicely incorporated in here.
212 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »