Reviews for politics
Pathway chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
transitions - I like the way the stanzas ease into each other. The last is a perfect piece of writing, imho.
Kalista Jia chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
Really cool poem.

I adore this part:

you wear it like armor

or a uniform

,trying so hard

to seem bigger

than you are.

The ending is a really nice touch.

makes plans to kill

the rest of my time.

Perfect punch. Love it. _
Lyra Pocaterra chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
Great poem, I thought of it as a song as I read through it. I specially like the first few lines "you wear it like armor or a uniform,trying so hard to seem bigger than you are", reminds me of many politicians I know!
deefective chapter 1 . 12/12/2009
Lovely. I really liked this, especially the ending. Normally, I'd think it was incomplete but this ending fit the piece like a glove. Almost abrupt in a way but it's a good thing in this case. The imagery was fantastic and I love the use of the parentheses in the first stanza. Nicely done.
Isca chapter 1 . 12/7/2009
"You held your cause close until it was just another fabric(ation) to cover yourself." I like the play-on-words with 'fabrication' - that's very clever.

"A word for what your life means." How true. We try to explain things through language, but language often fails where hearts are concerned.

"Let me slip inside and save you." This is probably my favourite line - it's so sophistic! :)