Reviews for Skiagraphia draft
Rosella Hale chapter 13 . 12/1/2014
I have just read this recently, from the book one. You are really amazing. My imagination is definitely not as wide as you. You created a whole new world with its own fucking language. And I'm trapped in this world. Literally. It felt like I can saw this happening in front of me. About Alan and Keyd's first meeting, how they fell in love slowly, how they actually grew up since the first time I know them. And it feels natural, not like some weird changes just occurred to the characters /only/ because the author wants it. That makes me love this story more than I already have.

And I want to thank you. Really, thank you for your hard work, for introducing me to Alan's world. You know you've just read a great story when you literally feel sad and don't want this to end. I obviously do. But I know what it feels like when you have to keep updating your story because you're kind of responsible to your readers, so I won't be nagging you about update. Just want to tell you that I'll be waiting for it. Once again, thank you.

Keep writing. :)
Atenea217 chapter 13 . 8/7/2014
Hey there! I read this chapter the same day you updated, but hadn't had time to write a decent review.
I loved this chapter. I always say the same, but it's always true. This story is wonderful because you manage to always keep me interested in everything that's going on; their personal relationship (I really love them), the politics of Keyd's world, Alan's family life, Kir and Darban, Rysa... everything and everyone. It's always thrilling to read all this.
I'll be waiting for the next chapter.

(Oh, I caught one mistake: "Crisises".)

P.D: Oh I read the rewritten chapter of PSOG. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the original, but I liked the change you did to Vaan's name (Vaun) anyway. I think it fits better somehow. And the new revised chapter is just as great.
I'm really hoping you'll write about Saul visiting Vaun's home. That'd be just way too interesting. You have no idea how much I love that pair.
definitelynotaminion chapter 13 . 8/7/2014
What a cruel cliffhanger! I'm very enthusiastic about your updates. And also glad I follow you on tumblr because I didn't realize you'd updated this story.
I love the language barrier. It's obvious you put a lot of effort into it. Creating a language is tough shit. I remember looking at some notes about this one that you posted and being really impressed. Glad Alan's learning. Very interesting.
The (bodyguard!) band is back together! Huzzah! Except Hahd threw Alan into the rift? Waiting with baited breath to see what happens next.
frozen chapter 12 . 7/6/2014
Love this series :)
glad your still continuing, great job and ill be waiting for the update :)
InsanityAndBeyond chapter 12 . 6/29/2014
ok. I don't know where to start. I started reading from the first book and read them all on a go pretty much. I actually thought this one was incomplete, and was bummed out, so I'm so happy you've updated it.
This is quite possibly the best written and most detailed series of books I've ever read on fictionpress. I could easily have taken this from the best-seller shelf from my local library. The amount of detail, and the fact you've realistically invented other worlds, and their whole system of government blows my mind. I'll probably at some point read these again and review each chapter, because there's so much that happens, but yeah. These books are amazing.
I don't always agree with Alan, but that makes him more realistic.
Does the fact Alan does't have the energy anymore mean he can't go home?
Can't wait for the next update :)
Vallucast chapter 12 . 6/20/2014
You know I love it when Alan being all supportive and funny like this, and Keyd gives me a toothache here. Intense chapter with government talking and those squabbles but you pull it off well. I'm impressed with the detail you put into them, which is usually boring, and making them interesting. I was thinking that you're like Alan in this way.
Have a good day!
dizasterdeb chapter 12 . 6/1/2014
Wow. Powerful stuff. I love this story. Keyd's speech was outstanding. The characters are beautifully depicted. Can't wait for more. I imagine writing on this level is hard work but I think it is very worthwhile. Thank you for sharing it.
Karida chapter 12 . 5/25/2014
Didn't want to take the time to sign in before getting my review out. Holy crap! This chapter was freaking epic and I was grinning like a loon with Keyed's proclamations during the meeting. Seriously, this series just gets more interesting, more in depth, and more *everything* as it progresses. The world and character building is phenomenal and just sucks you into the plot. Also loved how Alan punched the old codger, I was waiting for that from day one!

Really looking forward to the next chapter!
Atenea217 chapter 12 . 5/19/2014
Aww God I loved this chapter! I'm so happy you updated! You made me laugh so much... and I'm liking Alan more and more everytime. I mean, I liked him already, but sometimes his lack of communication is frustrating; he's improving, though. Still, wish the guy were a bit more "fluffy" towards Keys sometimes.. but oh well.
I love the plot, but you surely know that. I've said it before, but I find the story so incredibly interesting. And the characters and their interactions are just awesome.
I'll be waiting for next chapter.
chibikodo chapter 12 . 5/18/2014
:) Yes everything is possible. And wow I felt my own excitement ratchet up as Keyd made his point about the Worthies no longer being in touch with the clar and their needs and interests. I wanted to slam my fist into his grandfather's face for Alan and Keyd's sake.

How are Darban and Kir doing? That guy whose name I admittedly forgot already needs to talk to Rysa ASAP. And oh yes, Alan needs to tell Keyd about what he agreed to talk about when he met with Aleif.

Lovely update per usual. :) Looking forward to the next part.
Potatoe1988 chapter 12 . 5/18/2014
That was such an awesome chapter! It was so great to get to see Keyd be a badass and assert himself over everyone finally. I'm glad you wrote those government posts, because though I would have understood generally what was happening without them it was nice to have a deeper insight. It's amazing how much thought you've put into all of this. As always, I am incredibly impressed.
augustaugustine chapter 12 . 5/16/2014
holy cow. This chapter was emotionally draining to read.. I know it's definitely not over yet, but I didn't know I could be so proud of something fictional characters accomplished. I've been following your work for YEARS and it makes me so happy to have been able to see these two get to where they are today.

On another note - I love your chapters. Sometimes I feel like writers can fill space with lots of words that don't really serve a purpose, but I feel like every word I read counts - and it makes for an epic-length read. I don't know if it's my current mindset (I've been traveling by bus for over 5 hours, hooray), but when I got to the end of this chapter and they were just comforting each other in the empty council chamber I almost cried. I'm not joking. Thank you so much for this chapter.
R. Ficst chapter 11 . 1/27/2014
I'm so glad that this is where I'm left off to wait for the last chapters. A peaceful moment :)

Looking forward to the last chapters!
R. Ficst chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
ahhh I pulled an all-nighter reading the other stories up to this point. I Need to sleep now. My eyes sting. But I'm such an addict to the story!

I will be back...
asdf chapter 1 . 1/19/2014
just a question...why don't other worlds get involved in the war? I mean if some alien force was trying to invade earth, I'm sure the US/Chinese/Russian government would just send a nuclear bomb through the rift and call it quits. XD In fact I'd even say our technologies are greater and more powerful than the magic of the outsiders, since our bombs/guns don't rely on a resource other than what we can already get. sure the aliens can cloak themselves but we still have things like heat-seeking missiles, other humans who can magically see the magic people (like alan) who can be trained into soldiers in the war, etc. it doesn't really make sense why the Oen people are "the" people, and the only people, who have the ability to fight against the Clar people.
259 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »