Reviews for Song of the Nine
R. Ficst chapter 1 . 1/5
I like the casual way his fencing ability is brought to the reader, rather than starting the plot differently and later finding out that oh, by the the way, he's studied fencing.

Walking down the hall has just the right elements of dream-sense to excuse a seeming drift from reality and the way he reacts to the situation. Cool stuff.

At the same time as I enjoy this beginning, I'm nervous about the fact that this story isn't marked "complete" and hasn't been updated in a while. I can only hope that I won't be left with an overly painful cliffhanger, and that maybe you might eventually come back. :)
The 32nd Flavor chapter 15 . 12/18/2011
Moar pleeeeaaaassssseeee D: I love this story
Xavierus chapter 15 . 10/5/2010
Fantastic chapter, I don't think that you have any issues with writing combat sequences, all that were in this chapter were fantastic. They were each unique and it gives some idea again into what each of the kingdoms is like and which appear to rely on their magic the most.

Ignore what I said about Ash in my last review, I can see that his feelings for Duke are beginning to show through. Again I think it's great how you are comparing things in your world with things in our own, it makes it so much easier to imagine what these people and places are like.

There were a couple of things that I thought were possible issues:

Now I'm not sure if this one is purposeful or if I'm possible misreading it but the gender of the necromancer appears to change whilst he is waiting for his challenge.

When it gets to the second round it appears that Bryant's weapon has changed from daggers to bow and arrows.

They are really only small things but I thought I would let you know, and I apologise now if I'm incorrect in calling them issues.

Now that I have caught up I'm desperately waiting for the next chapter to find out what happens next.
Xavierus chapter 14 . 10/5/2010
I liked this chapter, especially the "Ash-executing cuffs" and the sweet talk. I'm still not sure whether Ash likes Duke as more than a friend (It could be there and I'm just being completely oblivious.) Duke is oh so subtle, lol, putting his arm around Ash's waist 'to keep him on the horse.'

Your questions (I don't know if I can b any hep so late after the posting of the chapter, but anyway) I think that Rabida should be straight, I couldn't say why I think and I'm not sure if he should get a girlfriend, if it fits into the story then by all means give him one but to give him one for the sake of giving him one I think not. I definitely want to see Bran again, and the Robin Hood followers.
Xavierus chapter 13 . 10/4/2010
Your right, unicorns do always seem to be a bit 'too' good, it's about time that we had a not so nice one. The plot thickens however, there are now more people after Ash, I wonder who else it is that is after him. And it seems that Duke is the jealous type, I wonder if it's going to get him into trouble. I also wonder if Bran is going to come bak into the story, I hope so.

Your description is still fantastic, not too over the top but just enough.
Xavierus chapter 12 . 10/4/2010
Oh, another pendant and another prophecy.

I'm wondering if the other two that it mentions have something to do with Rabida and maybe Bran, or possibly characters that we haven't met yet, but I can't wait to find out. I also wonder if there is just the one rose of prophecy, how the bandits got a hold of it?

I was laughing again, when they thought that Ash was the reincarnation of Maid Marion, addressing him as "My Lady."

Can't wait to read the next chapter, but I think it will have to wait for another night.
Xavierus chapter 11 . 10/4/2010
I love it, how Duke gets the arrow into the centre of the target with such ease, and how being a god seems to come so easily for him. The love story between Duke and Ash continues or at least one side of it does, can't wait to find out Ash's reaction and feelings.

I forgot to mention it in the last chapter but I like how you integrate names and ideas from 'our own world' like the witches and Robin Hood but give them a twist that makes them totally different in this world.
Xavierus chapter 10 . 10/4/2010
OMG I think we are really starting to see something happen between Duke and Ash, can't wait to find out what happens on that front.

I have to say that I loved the part where the bandits are convinced that they should give Ash, Duke and Rabida a chance to defend themselves, I was laughing out loud. One does have to wonder though how they are going to manage to get out of this situation.

On a slightly critical note, this chapter doesn't seem to totally flow for me, I'm not sure why and I'm not sure if its just me.
Xavierus chapter 9 . 10/4/2010
Another interesting chapter. I really liked the way that you linked the sword and the mirror together, describing them as having similar features, and the way that the sword was drawn into the mirror I loved it. I wonder what part the pendant is going to play?

You have a great gift with description, giving just enough to make it interesting but not so much that it gets boring.
Xavierus chapter 8 . 10/4/2010
First I must apologise profusely for taking so long to review, I've been through a long period of not really reading all that much.

Anyway, Interesting chapter, you cover so much ground but you do it well. I like the way that you have split the magic up between the kingdoms, it works. I also like the way that you describeteleportation, "the world twitched", I can just imagine it. I think that I like Rabida although I'm not totally sure yet.

I can't wait to read the next chapter which I'm going to do right now.
Blaze Moonlight chapter 15 . 8/5/2010
This is a really interesting story, I can't believe it hasn't got way more reviews that what it has. I like the way that you've used fencing and having experience with horses to justify the skills Ash has and the fact you've set clear boundries regarding the characters' capabilities which allows the story a sense of plausability. The only thing you might want to watch is that there are a couple of places in this chapter where you seem to have confused the genders of the competitors. Overall though this is really good and I can't wait for the chance to read more.
AriieBoyLove chapter 14 . 6/11/2010
I love this story. Freankly I'm surprised you don't have more reviews. As for Rabida I thought he was gay and would have ended up paired with Bran. However I love like it if he was made gay(Major yaoi fan sadly xD).And I would like to Mr. Fawcett again be it in this story or another. He seems the type to like to send people on unexpected adventures. Can't wait till your next update I'm looking forward to seeing the end of this.
xoxlizzie chapter 4 . 3/30/2010
I really love this story! You are probably one of the best fictionpress writers I have encountered! I can't wait to see what happens next! I'll make sure to review again!
Jaolynn chapter 14 . 3/13/2010
Interesting chapter. I really didn't expect all the palaces would be there and be competing for Ash! I totally think Rabida should be gay if you are asking, and Bran should be gay with him, hehe. P I thought they were cute together. I would totally love to see more of Bran again.
Klalista chapter 14 . 3/9/2010
hay! i hope this review gets through D: anyhow, i'm really surprised your ficcy doesn't have more reviews! it's an awesome ficcy and 'typing' on the ps3 is bothersome, but that's beside the point. i'm reviewing to say i love this && i wish to know duke's real name.

&& i think rabida should be gay. (i just got a lot of gay. links. i think my ps3 is gay LAWL) actually, i think everyone should be gay in cojunction with an all male cast :D the only straight couple(s) should be minor characters (like parents)

also, i think librarian man (i just stepped in dog peepe!) should be that random all knowing pedeadstrian!
35 | Page 1 .. Last Next »