Reviews for Birthday Oddities

AllTheWayUp12 chapter 1 . 4/12/2012
Aww. Cute.

Yeh. Woman
October Oleander chapter 1 . 7/12/2010
a bunch of cute fluff...nice one, you did an awesome job. keep it up!
balloonfista chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
So cute :)

Ri
MarloCarlo10 chapter 1 . 2/13/2010
So cute!

Great job on your first upload!
TheOCDProcrastinator chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
aw it was sweet
Green Eyed Angel chapter 1 . 12/17/2009
It is a bunch of fluff.

A cute bunch of fluff.

Although Emerson is one strange, strange guy.

Oh, and did i mention that I love your bunch of fluff?

Well, normally I would've said 'story' but you started that 'bunch of fluff' thing, you know...
Beautiful Destination chapter 1 . 12/15/2009
Cute story :)
FantasyFan5 chapter 1 . 12/14/2009
I don't feel like logging in.

That was so sweet! And cute. I'm a fluff fan, so it works )
BlackRosethePoet chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
I enjoyed the story as a one shot, it was a happy pick me up kind of story. I enjoyed the banter back and forth between Bronte and her brother Art. I did feel the comment about him 'getting his panties in a twist' felt a little awkward, not quite the wording that I would expect out of a teenagers mouth. Personally I would think a phrase more like "Bite me." would have worked. But that's just me, I'm 27 years old, I wouldn't exactly call myself in tune with modern day teenage catch phrases.

I also enjoyed the classic banter between Emerson and Bronte as well. That very much made me stay in that teen mind set. I also enjoyed the protective brother at the end as well. I really did feel bad for Bronte with her mother just blowing off her birthday. A little part of me kept hoping inside that somehow everyone was just playing a trick on her, and they were going to have like some kind of surprise party. Just me being sappy I suppose.

The only other thing that I would have to comment is the couple random uses of parenthesis in the story. The acne and Jeopardy reference earlier and then later on when Bronte was frustrated about her mother forgetting her birthday and about her bitterness. For me as a reader, although I have noticed this trend more and more in writing, I find it highly distracting and unneeded. When my mind sees something in parenthesis, I pause, read what is in parenthesis, and then process it. It interrupts my flow of reading, and then I have to get back into that flow. While I understand that there can be certain times that such writing would be required, I'm not sure if these instances were it.

Overall though, it was a happy bit of fluff and a nice pick me up right after I got home from work.
Qqqqqqq chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
this is pretty good, but you tried to cram too much information that wasnt really needed-like, maybe once would have been fine to make the story offbeat, but we didnt really need to know about her uncle joe and senora fehris. the sentences sound almost too matter-of-fact, but the interaction between the characters was very good.

the kiss scene seemed kind of imperfect, like i was expecting him to just grab her and kiss her ( because of his personality)instead of just doing it softly. and maybe some more description of the kiss would have been good too:).

pretty good for a first upload, keep it up:)
Kissed by the Moon chapter 1 . 12/13/2009
o-m-g! i love this. it is so cute and i feel so happy reading it. emerson is such a sweetie! and bronte is the perfect female character. this is a great first fictionpress and you are a really good writer! :D

kissed by the moon