Reviews for Fairy Tale Of New York
frowninggivesyouwrinkles chapter 3 . 8/8/2010
this is the first story i've read on fictionpress, since i usually only read on fanfiction,and it made my day:)

definitely love danny
loulouta chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
you should continue with this story, it has a good plot and sounds interesting. i would definitely read it.
dragonfly kisses chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
That was great! :)

Continue please!

Jackie
CassandraRose526 chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This seems like it'd be a very interesting story. There isn't much to read in this chapter, but from the description, it looks very interesting! I'm interested in what the drama was in Texas and how much more dramatic it'll be in NYC! I look forward to more.

Cassandra
SpicaCentauri chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Of course you should continue. :))
Anon Author chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This seems more like notes or a summary than an actual prologue. I like the idea of the story, though. It sounds very interesting and I think the storyline has a lot of potential. I'll review again when you write a chapter. :)
Humming LadyBug chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
Just gonna point out a couple of mistakes I've noticed: It's 'Room to let', not 'for let'. Walk-in wardrobe, not walking. Five bedroom, not bed roomed.

As for my take on your prologue, I would have preferred it if you added more length and descriptions. I know it's just a prologue but that's not an excuse to be skim on storytelling. Double, triple check everything before you post. It'll save not only yourself from finding little mistakes when it's already up on the site but also your reviewers (such as myself) from sounding like an ass for pointing those small details out.

On another note, I don't see why you shouldn't update. Like you said, it's just a prologue so there's no harm in continuing with a first chapter and see where it goes from there.
Palantean Writer chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
Your prologue may need a little tweak. The 4 gay guys she's moving in with may or may not be in a polyamorous relationship, but even if she falls in love with one of them, that needn't be a shameful secret if she keeps it to herself. And I gather it's unlikely she'll tell the gay guy in question.

Although I understand it would make things awkward for her if she's in a relationship with someone else, that also depends on how deep into the relationship with him she is, and whether she considers leaving him.

Like I say the idea is a good one, but it might need a tweak to make it reall pique a reader's interest.

Overall: keep going with this one!

Oh, and... "walking wardrobe" I think that might be walk-in wardrobe.

Please pay back, via Shamanics chapter 2.
Experiment101 chapter 1 . 12/27/2009
This seems like it would be interesting, though $80 a week is really cheap for new york city. Seems like an interesting concept!
Kathryn678 chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Okay, this story is probably going to be awesome. Please continue to write this.
ainedamdz chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Thanks for the review, and the invite! I return the favor now (although I pick the short ones first, sorry). Anyway, i LOVE the plot! Haha this is going to be so funny! Faved so I can monitor the updates :D
antiwritesthings chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
arrgghh! u cant just leave me hanging & begging for more lol.

gonna be sure to follow this one. sounds awesome already
Mizzuz Spock chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Hmm. The premise sounds good, but...this feels more like a summary than a prologue! You should tell us how Ruth finds the ad, how she reacts. More showing and less telling would be great, especially since prologues are suppose to draw the reader in. (Not that it didn't draw me in, but this is such a tease, you know?) xD

This could get really entertaining. Update! :]
zombie chickens chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Since there isn't much content yet it's hard to tell exactly what this is going to be like, but it is an interesting concept for a piece and I hope you will add more to it. Sounds like there could be a lot of great awkward moments in a story like this which could be really entertaining if done right.
Reason-Flower chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Ooh, this looks like it could be interesting. I can't really judge it yet - it's too short - but if you write more I would certainly check it out.