Reviews for Play The Game
Mishazstories chapter 1 . 1/20/2012
Wow. You managed to capture the realism of a family in this day in age quite well. At first it seemed as though she was just bitter with having been screwed over too many times by a guy, but then you gradually opened up the story so that the reader could get a bigger picture of the whole situation and it definitely added more depth to the story. Great technique :) Keep it up!

-Misha (Roadhouse)
serendipitous2 chapter 8 . 4/15/2011
hm.. this story is very interesting :) i liked it _.. i so want to read the sequel!:P hehe.. it's short but still very good! :) i look forward on reading more of your work! :) good job! _
LuckyStar1881 chapter 8 . 2/2/2011
As much as I like this story, I prefer the revised version by far! :D good job improving it! I'm now on to reading somebody to love

xoxo
Kobra Kid chapter 8 . 6/16/2010
Aww, what a GREAT ending! :). I'm so glad that Harrison bought the chain for her! I really enjoyed reading this story, and I wish there was a man out there like Harrison! T.T What a fantastic story! Keep on writing, my friend! :D

-Payback via Reborn?
Kobra Kid chapter 7 . 6/15/2010
OMG I HOPE that the gift is the thing he bought at the store. (it was a ring, right? :D) If it isn't, I'm gonna be completely heartbroken! T.T Anyways, great job! I didn't see anything wrong, as usual. :). Keep up the fantastic work!

P.S. Payback via RFTA?
Kobra Kid chapter 6 . 6/14/2010
You did really, really well at portraying Robin's inner thoughts. You've always have, but this time your talent shone. :). I know how family crap goes, and it is NOT fun & all of the emotions you put the characters through are very realistic.

As for Harrison, I'm crossing my fingers! I really hope that he didn't cheat on Robyn, cuz then I'd have to kick his a$$! :D. Haha, anyways excellent job!

Payback via RFTA?
Andaeeee chapter 1 . 5/4/2010
Great introduction, I'm already feel sorry for Robyn! I'm interested to see how the story plays out and find out what Nate did to her. Good job :)

-Andae
drink me pretty chapter 5 . 4/27/2010
Talk about drama. This chapter played out like an episode of a soap opera, with the brother appearing out of nowhere all drunken and starting a fight. And then with the intervention of the previously estranged father. I really liked that bit where Robyn noticed the physical resemblances between Dave and her father-it kind of shows the way she's transferring the blame from her father to him.

Nice work.
JMEM1 chapter 8 . 4/25/2010
This was a nice ending, even if bittersweet. And I can't wait to read what happens in the sequel :).

One thing I might suggest is putting a break in between the line that ends with: "Merry Christmas, Harrison." and the line that begins with: "Are you sure you're alright?" I got that there was a time break between the two, but it felt a little abrupt. Just a suggestion. :) Otherwise, this was a really, really good ending. I liked how not every question was answered, hence leaving enough room for the sequel, but I love being able to question what is going to happen to a character after the story has ended. So very, very good job on this story, excellent job! I'll be reading the sequel very soon! :D
JMEM1 chapter 7 . 4/25/2010
It was so heartwarming to read that Robyn's family has started to come together, and I'm also glad that there's still a few things to fix, because it wouldn't be possible to fix everything after one day. Again, I hope Robyn doesn't shut Harrison out, I have a feeling she will accept him now that everything has started to fall into place anyway, but yeah, I basically just hope Robyn has a happy ending :).

Great job, again! On to the next, and final chapter!
JMEM1 chapter 6 . 4/24/2010
Again, the way you portray their feelings is very real. Things are looking up for this troubled family, and I hope they continue to do so :)

As for Harrison, I hope that Robyn doesn't shut him out. I'm assuming she thinks he cheated on her because she saw him buying jewelery?

Again, great job! :)
JMEM1 chapter 5 . 4/24/2010
As much as I believe that violence doesn't solve much, I'm glad to see that Dave got what he deserved. I hope that Robyn's family can be fixed, and that they can work out the many problems they have faced/the challenges they will face. Loved how you wrote their feelings, very realistic. Great job! :)
JMEM1 chapter 4 . 4/19/2010
Again, a beautifully written chapter. I can't believe Dave would turn away his father when he tried to come back! I'd imagine that Robyn will give him a good yelling at for that. I know I would. I hope that Robyn can open up to Harrison, as she has a lot to deal with now. I really wish I could be helpful and offer something constructive, but I don't see anything wrong! :) Again, a wonderful chapter.
JMEM1 chapter 3 . 4/19/2010
Hello again! :)

I really liked this chapter, I felt so heartbroken for Robyn and her family. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to have a parent leave. Strange as it may sound, the more heartbroken I feel for the characters, the more I love the story, just because it can make me feel so much on a deeper level than with comedy, for example. So really, really great job on this chapter. I have no critisms, I will definitely keep on reading :)
MeAsIAm chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
Intriguing. I liked the way the girl was introduced. The situation of Robyn's family is very tragic and all the characters are quite complex. But you have handled them well! There are fluctuations in the tenses you have used. First it is the past tense for a long time. Suddenly it shifts to the present. Moving on!
97 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »