Reviews for The Wildest of Tales
lookingwest chapter 14 . 1/31/2011
...figure out what was going on.

-Style: could change "going on" to "happening" if you wanted, but you don't have to!

AH! That ending! I must read on! XD I loved what you did with the action in this chapter, and how you balanced it out with Joseph's background and his family, which I thought was quite appropriately placed in the length of the story so far. I like hearing about him and I enjoyed his family background and where he came from because I found it unexpected, actually. It's kind of cool that he was a bit more eccentric, it makes me feel all the worse for him now.

I loved how the plan seemed to backfire (no pun intended) but then sort of worked out in their favor in the end, at least-we'll see what it does now. The use of the elephant was cool, didn't see that coming, and like I said, that whole action sequence was well placed. I liked it when "Belle" went into hysterics and how she used the hat. I also like how she started staging George's voice in the end. So yeah, this just a review of me gushing about the stuff I liked, sorry about the lack of critique substance, haha. Looking forward to this next chapter, definitley! Onward!
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 15 . 1/27/2011
I really, really, really did not want this to end. I want to see more of Sarah and Joseph! That said, it was a great ending chapter; I loved the action, and you could really feel Sarah's emotions throughout. I loved seeing Joesph trying to adjust to being human again - the way he spoke was done very effectively, and the last line was a great end line! Overall, an amazing story that has kept me entertained throughout. Great stuff, very great stuff.
lookingwest chapter 13 . 1/21/2011
Wow Sir! FANTASTIC chapter! I love this! You've done an excellent job getting into "Belle's" mind. I love that you gave her character dimension and finally revealed the back story. It really does make you sympathize with them-or at least it makes me sympathize. And I love that you bring that in now, because I think it's the perfect time to bring it in. The conversation with Tony was superb in the way that it stayed consistent with her temper and how you've characterized her in the past, and then how you were able to also propel the plot by giving us back story and then a following consequence without the lion tamer.

I didn't find any errors of spelling or grammar in this chapter, it was perfectly paced, at a perfect length in context and harmony with the rest of the story you've been writing, and I'm really loving this big reveal and direction! Great job Sir! Also, of course, best of luck for La Campanella! You've got a wonderfully solid story on your hands here!
Canaletto chapter 4 . 1/20/2011
And we return to Joseph. I especially enjoyed your descriptions of his difficulties adjusting at the start of the chapter. It humanizes him as a character even if he is currently a tiger. His escape attempt was also well planned; given that we already know the mirrors have been moved. This chapter also has a lot of information about the world, witches, and magic in general. You managed to inject it naturally without making the information feel forced. Joseph is probably my favorite character so far, being more proactive than Sarah and more sympathetic than Belle.

Canaletto
Mysterious MD chapter 15 . 1/18/2011
That was a great chapter and a great ending. I only encountered the same error twice. In the paragraph where you had; "I was made because our plan hadn't worked out exactly like we'd thought it would, and it'd been a decent plan" you said "made" instead of "mad" twice. Otherwise it was well written. It was a great chapter. We see her feel angry at herself for ruining everything for everyone. Then we have her come in and Joseph almost get shot. Thankfully they are all safe at the end and now they are on a hunt to help Jim and Tony. It was a great ending, the last line was well written. Great job with the story, keep up the good writing.
seredemia chapter 15 . 1/18/2011
I wonder how long this story is going to last for..? Like how many chapters left? Things have gotten a lot action-y since, so Im guessing its near the end..? Im not sure...

Oh. Never mind. Its over! I just saw the complete things at the top

Yay! Joseph is human again! REJOICE. Its kinda weird now, cos Ive read him as a tiger for most of the story... But its nice to know he's human again... But you cant kill him now!

Aaw. YAY. Joseph aint dead! I think Joseph and Sarah are cute! I loved the bit were he was trying to talk, but he couldnt!

Great story! Its been fun reading it :D

RH
seredemia chapter 14 . 1/18/2011
I loved learning more about Joseph here! it really did wonder for his character Nice to know more about his family too, and where he was brought up, etc.

I felt really sorry for him when his tail caught fire. That must have hurt... I felt that you could have described more though. Like how scared he was, and how much pain, etc, etc? Dont go overboard, but just sprinkle some description onto how Joseph was feeling at that moment :D

Overall, good chapter!
SourTofu chapter 15 . 1/18/2011
now THAT was a good story. perfect ending btw ;)
Narq chapter 15 . 1/18/2011
Yay, you updated.

Please don't tell me this is the end? There's gotta be more?

"Hurry or she'll kill you too!" Joseph whined

- I don't feel that Joseph is the whiny type, It took away the tension.

The seconds ticking by felt like lifetimes. I had time to notice things, like

- beautiful!
Racer283 chapter 15 . 1/17/2011
I just found this story today and read it though. It kept me interested in the story and it was really good.
This Account is Inactive chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
Sorry it took me so long to review by the way...

Wow. This is really good! It's so interesting with all of the descriptions and characters. Of course, it did confuse me with that thing about the ringmaster, Belle. I had to read through it three times and I'm still a little confused. It's REALLY good though! Keep it up!
sophiesix chapter 14 . 1/14/2011
uh oh... that ending has me worried! I have this feeling she's going to turn him into the ringmaster or the witch, and get away scot free... ack!

Great chapter. I like how you slip in his backstory at the begining there while he's out of it. I wouldn't have guessed his dad was rich (though why did they live in a log cabin if they were rich? Were they on hoiliday or something?) To me, “Brail” is spelt 'Braille', but maybe that's an accent thing.

oh, his tail's on fire! I had this vision of the gorgeous tiger stalking into the tent for another act a few days later, the crowd hushed in awe, and then he turns, his tail flicking out, and its all ratty and naked at the end, and everyone bursts out laughing. heh, great image. slightly sidetracked.. oh yeah - so i liked the heat from the fire and the falling supports and things, but i wanted to feel a little more his fear of fire (did i make that up or was he seriously scared of fire before?) I'd assume this was pretty terrifying, even for an ordinary person, but for someone who has issues with fire, he sounded pretty collected? I can see that being washed away when bele goes for Sarah, though, that worked really well.

" watched as she pushed herself up to a sitting position, and in my tiger mind, the mind that calculated such things, I knew the hunter would win. The prey was too small and too slow." ni-i-i-i-ice

“tromped” love that

“Nobody could miss the sudden absence of the elephant in the room.” That’s gold! GOLD! XD
Dreamers-Requiem chapter 14 . 1/9/2011
Great chapter! I was on the edge of my seat throughout - I think we got a lot more of the tiger aspect from Joesph here, more than we've seen previously, and you manage to really capture that sense of survival instinct from the tiger. Great job with that. I thought that the scenes inside the big top were a little confusing, but in a good way - it adds to the feel of the scene and the mayhem that's going on around him. As always, I really enjoyed reading it and cannot wait for the next chapter.
Hopeless Fantasy chapter 1 . 1/5/2011
I'm suspecting that Joseph has expertise in lying, seeing that he can actually blurt out a string of believable lies whilst keeping a straight face. His confidence is very admirable, and the way you described how he saw 'Belle' in that mirror as a woman, and not as a ringmaster, had enough detail in it (not too much, and not too little) to help me conjure an image of the scene in my mind.

This chapter doesn't show much about Joseph, aside from the general things, such as the name, age and such, but it gives us some hints on how his personality is like. I admire authors who have this ability to give just enough detail to the readers to make them wonder more about the story enough to actually itch to read on.

Forty thousand toenails up!
Narq chapter 14 . 1/4/2011
Damn where the train was going, my tail was on fire!

- lol. Sorry, I just had to laugh. Poor tigger! XD

It got a bit confusing when Joseph went to help Sarah, when did Belle let go of the girl and when did Sarah run away (safe?)

Narq.