Reviews for postcards to the moon
chaos called creation chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
I feel like the narrator's speaking from my bones or something. Really amazing tone in this. The earnest emotion spills out so well. Favourite line: "every inch of me was loneliness" Reads like poetry to me :)

Keep writing!
effervescent-sentiments chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
Immediately, I was struck by what a fantastic writer you are. I can only admire plot and characters to an extent - but writing I admire endlessly, with all of my being. And I don't exaggerate.

You're my favorite kind of writer, too. Sure, the Hemingways are good and well, but I like writers who aren't afraid of getting their hands a little syrup-sticky - you know, with images, figurative language, repetition, poetic devices. You used them the way they want to be used - so at the end you can still taste them in the sheets. They linger. It's just beautiful.

Highest praise, my friend. Highest praise.

Jules
Nick Ransom chapter 1 . 5/25/2010
..And this time, I did cry. Which is quite a feat for me personally.

This hit me, big time.

It's so beautiful, and I don't even know why exactly. It got to me, a lot. It hurt to read, but I had to finish it.

You're goddamn brilliant.
not atlas chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
i think

that this is amazing.

and in some ways it makes me want to cry.

i guess that's it.
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr chapter 1 . 3/29/2010
This was almost more like a poem than a one shot/short story, but yeah I pretty much loved it AND I KNOW I SAY THAT ABOUT ALL YOUR STUFF BLAHBLAHBLAH but (not that I remember which ones were one shots!) I really think I liked this most out of all the one shots. it had a nice flow.. I don't know, but I loved it. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK DEARY
Icyfire4w5 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Some people say that if a story doesn't contain dialogue, then it might bore its readers. However, your story has proven that such an opinion isn't always right. I appreciate the short but poetic paragraphs-they're a breeze to read.
morphine and lollipops chapter 1 . 2/5/2010
Hauntingly beautiful.
Alyosha Karamazov chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
I love the quiet desperation in this. The artful sadness.
Ayakaishi Fei chapter 1 . 1/20/2010
I think this is actually one of my favourite things that you've written... it's just so poignant

I loved the line "I saw your face in every light" and the repeated imagery of the paper cut-out animals. I loved the way you described his lover like the girl who stared at her feet - in 2 lines you both showed what the MC's lover was like, but also reiterated that theme of him still seeing his lover in mundane things - I think that is something that is totally relatable.

My favourite line is the one where he says "I though of you and every inch of me was loneliness", that just wrenched at me heart, and then the final paragraph with the repitition of I miss you. Sometimes, there isn't anything else to say, and that was a perfect way to end it.

This was just beautiful prose, particularly gorgeous in it's crack-like disjointedness.
Tinted Windows chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
I love this. Very emotional the last para made me want to cry. But thats a good thing xD it was very good, and seemed to me to relate to the weird attention problem you have when you are depressed and how you only remeber the things that ment somthing to you and when you look back they dont all run smoothly together, they leave gaps :) just my thoughts, i loved it!
the sacred night chapter 1 . 12/26/2009
Wow, this is beautiful. It's like a prose poem :) Lots of vivid imagery, wordplay, symbolism... wow. Great work.
magalina chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Great, as always. I love how you change styles with your stories and always manage to make them work XD
Annie Jane chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
Wow this is very deep and sad, and yes, very vague, but it works so I like it. It's different from most of your stuff but that doesn't mean I don't like it any less...

Please continue with the amazing writing that you do, and I will continue to read. Thank you :)

Annie
CaFFy chapter 1 . 12/22/2009
I love it. I think everyone can relate even if just slightly.

Lain, you're awesome and not in a panda gore way (cause that's just scary).
jy chapter 1 . 12/22/2009