Reviews for Perfume
GodHelpUsAll chapter 1 . 12/30/2010
What a good one-shot especially since this is your first one! At first i thought it was going to be a fluff since Reid seemed like the brooding hot-tempered sort, but the ending really threw me off in a REALLY GOOD WAY.
InnocentHell chapter 1 . 8/23/2010
This is really good but I pretty much knew something was wrong from the time he thought of his girlfriend, especially when he was thinking of his memories with her. I wasn't sure what was wrong, like her being dead, but I knew something was off. Anyways, I liked it a lot. )
Jen chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
It's good to see you back and writing. Hopefully this is just the start of more stories from you. Very well done.
Jennifer chapter 1 . 3/23/2010
Your short story is good-you're a very good writer serako! I am quite perplexed by the last paragraphs of the story. The angst and depressive nature of Reid is extremely stark; yet, the introduction of the picture (where he is trying to throw himself into the coffin with her) is strange as I have never heard of anyone taking pictures of this nature at funerals. Perhaps you could rewrite the ending to make it more believable. (A suggestion might be how the sight of him hugging the sweater seems to parallel the scene at the funeral). The whole picture just does not work for me.

Keep writing! I always enjoy your stories. :)
Pearl chapter 1 . 3/6/2010
This was good. I think you laced the narrative with enough hints for the reader to know that he and his girlfriend are no longer together, hence the desperate need for her scent. It was subtle and well-done.
szeto chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
yay! you're alive! i randomly checked back on your profile because i wanted to reread jilted, but i was surprised to see this up.

i wholeheartedly encourage you to write a new romance! if it's going to be anything like jilted, we are going to be in for a treat.

as for this story, i thought it would be sort of sweet, but alas, the ending really reminded me of faulkner's a rose for emily. oh obsessive love.
Ais chapter 1 . 1/29/2010
scarily exciting. I did not expect the turn but I did like it very much. (: also, I'm completely in love with your fic "jilted". keep up the awesome work !
IHEARTU chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
SAD :(
blurrylights chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
That was so sad. My heart just broke at the end...poor Reid. :( It was really surprising, but I feel like the twist was well written and not unbelievable. Great job!
waterndream chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
finding this story makes me smile! cuz you are finally updating again! it is quite a creepy story, and i didn't expect it coming from your writing:) anw, I really love A perfect crime. hopefully you will decide to continue with it:)
summers-end chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
I'm so glad you're writing again!

So Reid used present tense in the beginning which made me think the girlfriend was real and alive (which looking back, is super creepy) but I think I figured out the twist when he said he went back to "his" apartment and it was her stuff on his counter, etc. But anyway, before that, the bit about him feeling guilty for being attracted to another girl-that was totally normal and sweet (and not often acknowledged in the romance genre-you know that you can be attracted to other people but still love someone) until the ending of course and then it was just really sad.

The pictures were all really creepy sounding (especially the chronological part-it's like he's setting himself up for disappointment whenever he leaves and returns). Anyway, I really liked it and all the little details!

Congrats on being done with school!

summers-end
LondonLi chapter 1 . 12/23/2009
Very well done; I had a bad feeling about his reasons for shopping, but I still didn't expect the ending. I hope you get inspired for some real romance soon. You've been missed!