Reviews for Avoiding Commitment
scuzzylolipop chapter 25 . 7/26/2010
Woohoo! Its finished and Ramsey remained the amazing sexy guy we all knew he was, and hopefully Lexi will get with him son. So i just wanted to say amazing story, and finally Bekah's true bitchiness came out and everyone can hate her as they should and love Ramsey!
MidnightSeaNymph chapter 25 . 7/25/2010
Well, I have to say, I'm glad she realised Jack wasn't worth it. I was worried for half the story.

This is one of the best stories I've read on here, and absolutely heart-wrenching (my favourite kind of story ;)). It took me days to read it because I was in tears at the end of two chapters and couldn't read that many a day. But it was totally worth it.

Cheers.
Munchlax chapter 25 . 7/24/2010
Love the ending with some Ramsey action ;)

I'm ecstatic that Lexi finally realized that she needed to move onto to bigger and better things. And Jack, oh Jack.. I don't really have anything to say about him but at least I don't think of him negatively anymore? Bekah.. that was a twist I wasn't really expecting. Does she know that Jack slept with Lexi right before he "proposed"?

I also wasn't expecting it to end either! lol. But I'm very excited for the sequel! :D
cat10985 chapter 25 . 7/24/2010
REALLY! ok so i was mad at Jack.. BUT! i really wanted her to be with him! i felt like they were soulmates... sad face.. lol.. well cant wait for the sequel ! great job!
jet.black.dbs chapter 25 . 7/24/2010
Yay! She finally got away from Jack. I can't wait till you publish the sequel!
Karma Bites chapter 25 . 7/24/2010
Wow that ending took me totally by surprise!

It was inevitable, though, when I think about it more closely. They went through too much to ever be able to work.

Proud of Lexi for pushing through though, and she's interesting enough to follow through any adventure she may happen on :)

Looking for to seeing other things.
Cupid's Psyche chapter 25 . 7/24/2010
So, I’ve been depressed ever since your review reply, because I knew this chapter was coming. I had to wait to read it. I wanted to finish the story, but I was so sad, already knowing that things weren’t going to work out. And then, it was just as heartbreaking as I thought it would be.

He really is just a d-bag. She really was just a mistress. There was never a future there, because he only sees her as sex, regardless if she thought there was a connection. And the ring…jackass should have just given Bekah the real thing. He has no soul, Lexi never meant anything real to him. Why even bother with a duplicate?

Sigh. So, yeah, I’m crushed. I really thought he’d come around. Of course, I thought he had a heart too. I sincerely hope that Bekah (um, the most evil person in the world, by the way) makes his life absolutely miserable. I hope he hates every single second of every single day. I hope he cheats on her every chance he gets, because he's a dog and that's what dogs do. I hope he gets caught, and I hope Bekah takes him for every single penny he has. Then, divorced, destitute, and desperate, I hope he crawls back to Lexi, his safety-screw. Then I hope that he finds her perfectly happy, with someone drop-dead gorgeous and so devoted to her that it’s ridiculous (and not Ramsey – no one related to that evil wench Bekah!)Then I hope Lexi looks at this shell of person who used to torment her, laughs in his pathetic face, and walks away.

That’s what I hope for…but, then again, I might be a little bitter. Lexi is certainly handling this better than me!

Thank you for the twisty, turny, heart wrenching story. You created something that stuck in my head for months…and probably won’t leave it for months. Obviously, as you can see from my rant above, I bonded with your characters. That’s a mark of a great writer that you made me do that. I hope you’re very proud of your story. The past/present concept was brilliant, and executed very well. The twists and turns sucked me right in, and all the flaws made the characters believable. And the ending was probably the most believable one you could have chosen. That is what would happen in real life. I commend you for sticking with the honest portrayal of a doomed relationship. Being a hopeless romantic, I probably wouldn’t have done that, but that’s why my endings aren’t that great. Yours is brutal, but honest. In the end, love isn’t real, men do suck, girls are manipulative, and boys only care about being satisfied...below. That’s life.

Sigh…God, I’m so depressed…I need chocolate…but I am a big fan of your work. Keep it up and good luck in all your future endeavors. I’ll be waiting, Hershey’s in hand. :)
Principe et Bellum chapter 25 . 7/24/2010
I haven't actually reviewed this story yet (I'm one of those silent readers usually). However, this chapter compelled me to break my silence and post.

Let me begin by commending you on this story. The characters are so believable; all of them have their strengths and weaknesses, and, oddly enough, it makes them more likable. More importantly, the plot was superb; so many twists, so many turns. I can’t count on my hands how many times I sat on the edge of my seat, shouting all manner of profanities at my computer screen (specifically, at Jack).

I must say, though, that I’m rather happy with this ending (as happy as someone can be in light of all the heart-break). One of my chief complaints with Lexi had been her inability to live her own life; she always seemed to be living for Jack. However, with Jack’s final act of stupidity, it seems like she’ll finally become the same strong person she was before she met Jack. I also have to admit that Jack was probably the character I hated the most, so I’m actually quite happy that she gave up on him.

Hopefully, the sequel will centre on Ramsey and Lexi (maybe we should call it Raxi?). I really don’t want Lexi to get together with Jack after all he’s done to her. Maybe he could be a plot device in the sequel, but he really doesn’t deserve Lexi after all the crap he’s done to her.
Kristen196 chapter 25 . 7/24/2010
Omgg! I wanted them together so bad! : ( maybe they will in the ep? Lols
Daddy's Little Peach chapter 25 . 7/24/2010
I was so bummed out there for a while and then I saw the word 'sequel'...breathing easy again!

I hate talking down about people, especially ones who don't actually exist, but man, is that Bekah a class-A biatch! And what's evem sillier is that I still want Lexi to be with Jack, even if he has been the biggest douche in the history of literature...I'm a hopeless romantic, what can I say!

Love your writing to bits, chicky, can't wait for the sequel!

Mash x
aerina chapter 25 . 7/24/2010
Wow! What a fantastic last chapter! Let me just say, I loved this story so much! Definately and undoubtedly one of my favorites on the site. Just so wonderful and beautifully written! I'm so jealous! Secondly of all, I hope Bekah gets run over by a bus in the sequel, Mean Girls style. Figuratively speaking anyway. What a nasty piece of work! %&*!#$ Jack is so deluded, and if they decide to actually tie the knot, I might actually go ape. Seriously. Jaclexi FOREVER (I don't know about that blend...)! Ramsey's still an iffy character to me. I still don't know whether to like him or not. Isn't that weird? He still carries the question mark around him. Hm... Anyway I'm SO freaking excited about the sequel! Let's hope for a happy ending in the next installment, eh? Impatiently waiting for it.
futurestar2009 chapter 25 . 7/23/2010
I think Bekah is heinous. She is absolutely a girl that should be hated by all girls. This being said her cruelty was necessary to make Lexi wake up. Even if that bitch put her delusional hopes in that hate-fest. And after further consideration Lexi walking off into the sunset without Ramsey made me sad:(. Poor Ramsey stuck with nut-job of a sister and left at the airport by a girl he remembered from six years ago. As for Jack, I have no idea how their marriage could work with Bekah's manipulative qualities especially when he was sort of trapped. I smell a divorce. I cannot wait for the sequel.
Kikichaka chapter 24 . 7/21/2010
I cant help thinking about Jack as 'What a Jerk?'. Lexi needs to become like Chyna. Independent and succesful :).
Munchlax chapter 24 . 7/21/2010
I'm beginning to think that maybe Lexi would be better off alone. I mean technically, she doesn't have to end up with anyone. I really don't like Jack. And I'm not so sure about Ramsey anymore. When Jack expressed his jealousy over the thought of Ramsey together with Lexi, I just had to laugh. I mean, he's getting married. (Darn, there's no italicize button. lol.)

Hm. I wonder if Jack is only marrying Bekah for business purposes. If so, then we'll get to see which is more important-his company or Lexi. But it seems like he's just letting Lexi dangle from a string while he takes his time deciding whether or not she's worth it.

I think the reason why I dislike Jack so much, is because I can't relate to his character as much as I can relate to Lexi's. I never had a problem deciding whether or not I wanted to be with someone.

And to be fair, I think they're both collecting hearts. Jack isn't the only one in the 'wrong' here. Lexi isn't completely vulnerable, she's playing her part too.

Wonderful chapter! :)