Reviews for Avoiding Commitment
MuffinsRoxSox chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
OMG FINALLY. I thought she would never get over him. Jack and Lexi's relationship was just...ugh. I wanted to punch her in the face for going back to him over and over again. It's like, DUDE, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? I mean seriously. (But the sex scenes were pretty nice. Lol.) Well, that was still pretty amazing. Even if she was being stupid.
Choukou chapter 26 . 8/3/2011
Oh my goodness. i had read this story because cupid's psyche recommended it, but when she warned that it was heartwrenching, i didn't understand the extent of it. this story was absolutely agonizingly, terribly wonderrful. normally i don't like protagonists that have such little self control or self respect, but the way that you wrote it made me understand her predicament even if i was yelling at her the whole way. jack is a dick, beckha more so (did she win best villian? because she is so easy to hate), chyna is amazing, and ramsey is just a whole other category unto himself. i regret i only recently became aware of your stories, but i'm glad i can read them now! hopefully the sequel won't eat at my heart too much, and that lex can glorify in beckha and jack's miserably failing marriage. one can hope right?
Jensi chapter 25 . 7/29/2011
I am a bit late in the game here, but you were recommended and I spent the better part of the last few days reading this whole story. Amazing! I loved how clearly you went from the past to the present without confusing things, and I really felt for Lexi at times. I have been there and it hurts...a lot. You captured what they had very well, good and bad, and I was hooked from the start. I am now on to part two and enjoying it as much.

The only bad thing now is that I do not know if I should just throw my computer through a window and give up writing forever, or try harder. :)

Great job!
foddie605 chapter 25 . 7/24/2011
WOW! What a great story! This is my first review of it, but that is only because I had to keep reading! I loved the present/past chapters, it really made it clear the relationship between Lexi and Jack, and helped explain the fixation they have for eachother... I can't wait to read the next one! Thanks for a great read :-) Keep them coming!
Supernova15 chapter 26 . 7/4/2011
Just got finished reading your story, and I loved it! It was really well written, and I loved Lexi's character, she had spunk, was funny, and her emotions were so real. The way you explained Lexi & Jack's history was perfect, it showed how hard it was for her to move on. You really showed how he was a part of her life :) This was awesome, because it wasn't a total happy-go-lucky story, Lexi's emotional battle was real, and although I want Ramsey and Lexi together, I'm really glad she didn't jump right in. I can't wait to read the sequel! Good job with a great unique story!
GreatStory chapter 15 . 7/2/2011
God, i hate jack so much! He is so selfish! GAAHHH. Great story though :D
Pumpkin.-.-.Kween chapter 26 . 6/22/2011
Well I finished the story and LOVE the ending. It's a great story, I encourage anyone on the fence about reading this story or not to read it.

I still hold to not liking that the story went back and forth between the past and the present. I get (and appreciate) that you were trying something different and that it was a person in the present remembering her past. That's great, but from a readers point of view, it was hard at times to follow along with the story. Just when I'd get caught up with the present, I'd be thrown into the past and have to go back and try to reconnect with it and what was going on at the time. It felt like I was reading two stories at one time which okay, is the point, I know but I gets confusing sometimes. I think if this were a movie where I'd have visual things to help me transition better between the past and present it would be easier. I wholeheartedly appreciate that you tried something different though, it takes bravery to do so.

Review of the story ((spoiler alert)) - youve been warned so dont read below if you havent read the story.

F Jack! lol. That's my review in a nutshell. Nah but it's a pretty real story. Sometimes we do the stupidest "Ish" because of men, we see all the good and ignore the bad. I adored that the end of your story was happy yet the girl didn't really get the guy. We don't need a guy to be happy. Men are not our lives, they simply enhance them. The ending had me wanting to do a running chest thump with a friend and yell "Hell yeah, girl power!" but alas, I looked up and remembered I was alone in my room. Instead it elicited a nod and a mumble of "girl power!". lol. I can't wait to see what the future holds for Lexi. Look forward to reading the sequel when it's complete.
Guest chapter 21 . 6/20/2011
I just wanted to suggest less usage of taking Gods name in vain. I'm just saying, I cringe everytime I read it and not to mention it seems like the go to curse word that all the characters use which is unrealistic. Even though Im Christian, and okay people using whatever speach they choose, Im just saying from a readers point of view, it's hard as a reader to keep seeing something that's derogatory towards my beliefs. I understand the story is rated M, Im just suggesting you use different curse words. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.
Pumpkin.-.-.Kween chapter 10 . 6/19/2011
I just wanted to say that going back and forth between the past and the present is irritating. I wish you would've told the past prior then lead into the present. Im still reading though, so I guess that says something.
Taciturne chapter 26 . 6/5/2011
As the second author I've ever reviewed on here, you're also very good at making the reader feel like their heart is stomped. In the addictive way that all dramas do, you managed to keep me up at night thinking of those flashbacks (great job on those, by the way; not many can pull off constant flashbacks) and make my heart drop to the floor every time there's betrayal.

I have a very strange opinion on which team I'm on, though. As much as I like Jack and his sexy ways (I'm a sucker for the dark hair, light eyes combo), he totally PISSES ME OFF in the most frustrating way possible. But, and I regret this, I've been a heartbreaker before. Continually choosing another person over him even when I knew that he was more fit for me than the other two guys. I also want Lexi to have her own happy ending, and she really can't with Jack. Their "relationship," if you can call it that, is just too destructive. And for her own good, she truly is better off with Ramsey. But, the heart wants what it wants.

It's just who he is, and I don't blame him for that. But I'm team Jack, in the hopes that he'll figure out what he freakin' wants without wrecking anything further.

-Taciturne
its.mine chapter 13 . 5/25/2011
Excitement!
its.mine chapter 7 . 5/25/2011
Loved Bekah and Lexi's interaction, haha. So biting.

Best part: Jack's entrance, quite possibly the worst thing he could have said in that situation.
its.mine chapter 5 . 5/25/2011
So far, I'm really enjoying your characters! You've given them a lot of depth already, particularly Jack and Lex with the flackback chapters. I can feel Lex's uncomfortableness when she interacts with Jack, especially when he uses his 'magic powers' and pulls her in. Ramsey's character is going to be fun to read.
butterfly-kisses92 chapter 23 . 5/24/2011
Love this chapter! I'm squealing on a Ramsey high. Mmm... good good chapter. I understand why Lexi left though. She can go figure stuff out and then get rid of Jack and end up with Ramsey :D
butterfly-kisses92 chapter 21 . 5/24/2011
NOOOO! Can they just stop touching? I dislike Jack. Sigh, will Ramsey ever win her?
266 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »