Reviews for Avoiding Commitment
butterfly-kisses92 chapter 17 . 5/24/2011
Hi, I'm really enjoying this! Except I want Lexi to just be with Ramsey and screw this playing around stuff with Jack... he may be hot and sweet at times but instability and fear of commitment and overall jackass-edness is unattractive and I think Ramsey is both sexy AND good :)
ChemicalHazzard chapter 17 . 5/4/2011
I haven't actually read this chapter, but I found that I couldn't bring myself to continue becuase your characters really annoy me.

I can't fault you for you writing, although you do need to work on the dialogue, other than that it's fine.

On the other hand your characters are VERY annoying, and I'm talking about Jack and Lexi. How many times do they need to cheat to get the message that it's just not working. Jack doesn't seem to have any sense of morality, and Lexi comes across as just dumb, I mean she doesn't have to be like a dominatrix but she's a pretty weak protagonist with her whole life revolving around guys. I know this is a romance, but there's nothing to her apart from who she's dating, not only that but she just get's herself in situations that make me want to scream at her.

No-one's perfect, but how many times do you have to make the same mistake before you learn from it? I really cannot continue with this becuase I just can relate to Lexi's logic (or lack thereof).
Mariposa-12 chapter 23 . 5/1/2011
OMG! I just finished reading this story and let me tell you you nailed it on categorizing it as ANGST! Wow this kept my anxiety to the max, even when i went to sleep i would try to come up with things that could happen. Lexi was driving me crazy with how easy she would fall into Jack's games, it was exasperating. I've never been in a situation like that and i really hope i never get to be in one. That must take a toll on someone's life which is why i'm about to start readung the sequel hoping Lexi's still going strong and is happy. I think that the fact that Jack gave Bekah a ring and all that is great, they deserve each other and i even thought he was doing it because of his job. Anyways, good job on making me feel EVERYTHING the characters were feeling (especially the anger and angst). I'm looking fwd to reading the sequel.

; )

Ps, the reason i reviewed on this chapter is because i saw a discrepancy, some little detail but, it says Lexi was only wearing her thong and bra but in the previous chapter it said she took the (ripped) thong off in the bathroom at the stadium. FYI
amanda chapter 25 . 4/25/2011
finally finally finally she tells him off! can't wait to read the sequel!
amanda chapter 24 . 4/25/2011
team ramsey all the way!
amanda chapter 13 . 4/25/2011
*squeal* ramsey is so perfect!
amanda chapter 11 . 4/25/2011
so far i love your story and i'm so happy i found it! at this point though i'm beginning to like jake less and less and ramsey more and more!
kv chapter 15 . 4/22/2011
even though the flipping back and forth between every chapter is driving me insane, you have done an ammaazziing job with this story :) I haven't read a story on here for a long time that was worth reading past the first few chapters, but here i am on chapter 15 and i wont be stopping till i've finished. kudos to you !
Parenthetical chapter 26 . 4/5/2011
Oh my god, I haven't reviewed a story in ages, but I just had to for this. I stayed up all night because I needed to know what was going to happen. Jack is such a manipulative and stupid asshole! He is the most infuriating character that I've ever read about. I swear. I was fuming throughout most of the chapters. If he were real, I probably would have hit him with a baseball bat already. And god, Bekah can have him. What a loser bitch she is. She's pathetic. She's just going to stay with some guy who will never get over Lexi, even if he's already committed.

And I totally understand how Lexi feels, and why she's vulnerable, because I've been in that destructive almost-relationship with a guy who doesn't know what he wants. I mean, it's a different situation with me since we're still best friends (with the sexual tension), and I'm friends with his girlfriend, but damn. It's been five years. And it's all been insane. I don't think people will ever fully realize the extent of our chemistry, and the way we just... click. And despite all of this, he has a girlfriend who isn't me. God damn. But I can't stay away from him, and I realize we can never be just friends.

God, I love this story, period. I don't understand why this has only 182 reviews. It should have ten thousand. It's definitely not an overdone plotline. And I love how she's just free at the end.

So yes. You definitely deserved to win that skow award! Much, much love and best wishes.
crissy19 chapter 26 . 3/28/2011
so i think u asked 4 a couple of good songs 4 this story. There is so many popping in2 my head right now. 1. Papa Roach- Forever. 2. HIm- Killing Loneliness. 3. Shinedown- In Memory, If You Only Knew, Burning Brightly. -Echo. That Remains- Two Weeks. Back Sunday- MakeDamnSure. 41- We're All To Blame. 8. the Smashing Pumkins- Ava adore. 9. Evanescence- my Immortal, going under. 10. britney spears- from the bottom of my broken heart, dont let me be the last to know. - cold. Blue- Over, Cold (but im still here). - Clouser. 14. Seether- careless whisper.

Hopefully u will check out there awesome songs n let me know what u think!...Thank u.
sora kinomoto chapter 10 . 3/27/2011
I really like Clark, so I feel kind of bad for what they are doing to him. Thanks for the chapter!
sora kinomoto chapter 9 . 3/27/2011
I love Ramsey! Is so sad how hard is for Lexi to get over Jack. Thanks for thechapter!
sora kinomoto chapter 8 . 3/27/2011
I really like Carl so far. I expected Kate to be more bitchy, but I guess that would happen after finding out about the affair. Loving the story!
sora kinomoto chapter 7 . 3/27/2011
I think I'm siding with Lexi too much, but I didn't find her mean at all. I mean, Bekah had the great idea to talk with JAck's exes XD, she must have had in mind than most of them would say things that she didn't want to hear, if it is bad enough to hear it from your boyfriends mouth, it must be harder to hear it from the ex-girlfriends mouth.

Thanks for the story!
sora kinomoto chapter 6 . 3/27/2011
He so did it on purpose, and just for that he deserved the end XD. I hate how he knows just how easily he can manipulate. Thanks for the chapter!
266 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »