Reviews for Avoiding Commitment
LoveAlways03 chapter 9 . 12/26/2010
I'm going to kick Jacks ass! How dare he say that! How dare he think its ok to be like 'oh I dont care if she hears'

Its Lexi you dumbass! Your Lexi and you dont care but as soon as she is with someone else you do! Ugh I hate him! But I still want them to be together so I may just be as messed up as he!

I do love Ramsey though. He is almost a mystery I'm trying to figure out! I also love that you mentioned Georgia Tech! I'm from Georgia and my brother goes there and I was like hey! Awesome haha!

I do still think Bekah isn't as sweet and innocent as she is pretending to be. I think she is plotting something that will hurt Lexi and I hope it just pisses Jack off and he leaves her! Excited for more!
LoveAlways03 chapter 8 . 12/26/2010
And the most dysfunctional relationship award goes to?

These two!

I'm glad she is with Clark. I like you brought the other guys back into the story and she gets along with them. I love that they fight, make out, fight, settle on friends.

Do I think they will stay friends? Hell no! I think this trip might be the Lexi Jack tipping point! Can't wait to see what happens!
LoveAlways03 chapter 7 . 12/26/2010

Ok this chapter upset me some. I dont like Bekah! I get she is with Jack and that is her boyfriend but still...She just needs to sidestep and realize that Jack is meant to be with Lexi! Ugh! Rich spoiled girl!
LoveAlways03 chapter 6 . 12/26/2010
They can't be around each other. Simple as that. I feel bad for Spence though. He was trying to be the sweet boyfriend not knowing his girlfriend was going to cheat.

I know she stopped it but still I know guilt is going to take over and she will go nuts with it. It almost broke my heart a little at the end when he was like 'I don't want to miss you again' He is so hard and tough but I'm thinking Lexi is he weakness..poor thing :(
LoveAlways03 chapter 5 . 12/26/2010
Four things I know

Ramsey seems sexy as hell

Bekah I'm like 90% positive I hate

Jack is going to become jealous as hell

Lexi is in the middle of drama about to begin!

Oh I can't wait!
LoveAlways03 chapter 4 . 12/26/2010
JACK! Ugh he loves making you love and hate him! I love how demanding he is but also hate it! I'm glad she has a boyfriend and I'm glad that even though Jack was no longer in her life he still called the 'friend' and told her to get in touch with Lexi. I think it shows just how much he cares about her even when she isn't around him.

I find Jack so freaking sexy when he is all 'Come home with me' its like boyfriend be damned he wanted her and was going to get her. I wish Spencer didnt show up at the end but I am glad she didnt go home with Jack. Hold her ground girl, make him beg a little ;)
LoveAlways03 chapter 3 . 12/26/2010
So this relationship is so in limbo I dont know which way I want to lean. I'm hoping they have their happy ending but this girlfriend of his is so throwing a wrench in that.

I dont think he really thought through the whole Lexi coming thing because clearly he can't be around her with out wanting to jump her bones! Its like he can't stand being in the room and not touching her! Its great and terrible all at the same time.

Poor Lexi I hope she holds out ok!
LoveAlways03 chapter 2 . 12/26/2010
I so love this! I loved the past chapter and think it was great showing their relationship! However even though I'm like super giddy over a sexy Jack I would have kicked his ass! I'm so glad she didnt give into him with his girlfriend stuff!

How messed up is that! He is clearly stupid over Lexi and has a girlfriend! Ugh I want to kick him! But you did write it great! Can't wait to read more!
LoveAlways03 chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
So I found this story on a favorites of one of my favorite authors and the summary already had me yanked in. I know its just the first chapter but I'm really excited to see where its going and learn the relationship of Jack and Lexi!
Kelly Rogala chapter 21 . 11/17/2010
So far I absolutley love this book, I've wanted to comment on each chapter but couldn't make myself stop reading to do it, but after this chapter, I couldn't go on without tell you that I do not like Jack very much right now lol. You are a great writer and I very much look forward to reading more of your stories! I hope to see you published!

Kelly
drats chapter 25 . 10/23/2010
I loved it. I loved it so much it isn't even funny.

As much of a not-so-happy ending this is, I loved it. I didn't know which guy should end with Lexi out of Jack and Ramsey, and this ending just works. i dont know how. but it does. Sets up the sequel perfectly.

Umm, I loved the whole idea and plot of this story. It was well thought-out. well done.

Overall, it was a very interesting and exciting read... Can't wait till 'Avioding Responsibility' is finished. :)
hayleytibbs chapter 1 . 10/19/2010
Hello...

A little late to review I know but I have to tell you how much I love this story, I found you whilst reading 'It's all relative' by Cupid's Psyche she had put up to check this story out so I did and here I am.

I spent most of the time frustrated while reading this I soo wanted her to see how harmful Jack was to her but she still continued to allow him in to her life and destroy her relationships. Ah but having said that I also really wanted Jack to allow himself to be with her, hehe I really don't know what I wanted to happen but I would of loved to see her get with Ramsey I think he could of been just what she needed even though I bet he has a rather colourful past. See I'm all over the place with one! haha :)

Hm this brings me to Bekah...Oh I did not like her at all, what a nasty little thing she was but I did enjoy the little twist...wasn't expecting her to be that clever...love it.

I am very happy to see that you have a sequel and look forwards to read some more of your work.

Oh and loved the past/present thing! Also thought the song lyrics were a Genius touch!

Take care

Hayley xx :) xx
Fierce.Imagination chapter 25 . 10/14/2010
We! I'm done! :D

So excited about that! Wow, I don't even know where to begin… This was one amazing story!

Well, I'll start with saying that you're a great, gifted writer (as I've mentioned before). 'Avoiding Commitment' was truly a pleasure to read. I honestly enjoyed every part of it – there was nothing missing and nothing unnecessary, it was well thought through and had a fascinating plot. The characters were very realistic, even Jack (maybe especially Jack…) and really easy to get used to. Everything was very believable, overall.

I've told you how much I liked the idea of going back and forth between the past and the present until the first caught up with the other. It truly is a brilliant idea. I also liked the lyrics inserted in every chapter, they fit perfectly. I could think of several suitable songs myself ;D.

Now, about the actual events of the story. I have to tell you (and I'm very excited about that), that as soon as Bekah and Lexi spoke in the mall and Bekah said all that she had, I knew she wasn't that innocent and what she wanted was to destroy that sick connection Lexi and Jack had. I had no idea how she would do that. Then, when she entered Jack's office and greeted Lexi so sweetly… That's when I knew exactly what happened. So what I think about it?

Jack – selfish, indecisive, weak person. He's a lousy excuse for a man and I don't think he'd ever be happy, because he'll always want what he doesn't have. He would've wanted Bekah, if he'd chosen Lexi. Or the career she gave him. Or something else. And the way he wants to have both of the women, but can't stand them being with another man… He's a possessive bastard. He is disgusting. You know what's the funny thing, though? There are so many men like him. He's like a model of this type of people. Good job on the character. I'm so glad He and Lexi weren't together in the end, though.

Bekah – clever, but not necessarily smart. Just because I know why she's done all that, doesn't mean I think she's less insane somehow. I mean, who would even want a man like Jack, knowing who he is and what he's done? What kind of a woman would want a man, who would cheat on her on the first opportunity? I know she thinks it's just Lexi and now that she's out of the way, Jack's all Bekah's. But honestly, I think it's not the case. Oh well, you get what you paid for, I guess.

Lexi – finally! I felt bad for her for about half of the story. Then she started to annoy me. I still liked her as a character, but her actions and choices… Well, were wrong all along. I get that she couldn't help it around Jack, but Ramsey too? It's a bit sickening. Although I think that that's exactly what made this whole thing so realistic. I've been waiting so long for her to finally realize that Jack would never change. I think she's known it all along, but was in denial. Every time I wanted her to just resist him and just see it clearly. But she was hooked. I get it. How many times do you have to get burned to finally learn, though? 25 chapters, I guess… XD Someone should've told her that a man, who cheats with you, will cheat on you. Anyway, enough with the rambling. I really, really, really liked the way she walked away from Jack at the end! And that she's free at last. Finally!

Ramsey – not sure. I actually really liked him. And while Bekah's entire scheme didn't really shock me (it wasn't exactly what I expected, but it made sense), Ramsey's involvement is confusing. I couldn't believe he would do that. I'm still not sure whether he'd really done it, though. It was never mentioned directly for sure. It could've been a misunderstanding. So did he do that?

The end – right. Even though I wanted Lexi to be happy and I honestly liked her and Ramsey's relationship, I think it's good they didn't get together in the end. It would've been wrong. How could a girl switch form a man she'd loved for six years to another man just in an hour? She couldn't. She needs time. I'm not sure if it would be right for them to be together at any time, because Bekah and Jack would always be there in that relationship, wouldn't they?

Well that was long… Anyway, I think I'm done. If I remember something else I had in my mind and is important enough to voice, I'll let you know :-P

Awesome job!

P.S. I would've been really sad it was over, if I didn't know that there's a sequel!
Fierce.Imagination chapter 13 . 10/3/2010
Wow, I love this story so much! I just wanted to let you know that I'm still reading on and enjoying this very much. Your writing is amazing and the plotline doesn't have a rest point, which is incredible. Shortly, this is just interesting to read.

I'm so happy Lexi's finally pulling away from Jack and seems to be able to resist him for once. Hopefully it sticks, because as much as I get her "addiction" to him, this is ridiculous! The guy had literally ruined every relationship she's ever had! Anyway, I like Ramsey and I hope it works out…

Oh, and I can't wait to find out what's with Bekah. There's something big and unexpected, I'm sure… :-)
Fierce.Imagination chapter 3 . 9/25/2010
A few notes:

- Your writing is awesome. I really enjoy how professional it feels. Honestly, it feels like a real book of a very experienced writer.

- The idea of starting from the present and then making every other chapter as a flashback, showing what led the characters to the situation in the present time – it’s genius. It could’ve been also disastrous and confusing, but you managed it very well.

-I really like Lexi’s character. I don’t, know she just feels real and her thoughts and emotions are really genuine. It makes it really easy to get into the story this way and identify with Lexi.

- I still don’t like Jack (probably more than in the first chapter) and honestly I hope this experience helps Lexi get over him and move on, preferably after the idiot decides he wants her after all. Guys like that deserve a lesson… I guess I’ll see what happens soon.

- Now is this Bekah girl is come kind of crazy or masochistic? What normal, sane woman would want to know so much about her boyfriend’s past relationships? I don’t think it’s healthy.

Love it overall!