Reviews for So, The Rain Is Falling
Autumn Heat chapter 19 . 2h
As usual, you bring the primitive aspects of the physical environment to the reader and give, without hesitancy, the kind of panorama that extends beyond the peripherals of any expectation that has already been laid down so early in this story.

The pace is still steady and firm with each stride given by the chapters, but there is a greater need to show the deep irrationality of war and how in death, dying, is a journey of repentance, defiance or relief – to simplify. And once again, this chapter is nothing short of exemplary in demonstrating the defiance by Emil; not just his father, the war, but defiance in himself for being good at ushering death: his ‘valid’ place in such a world.

Does he want to die? With Sam still deep-rooted in his thoughts, not yet. Without Sam, I believe he will be justified in saying he has earned it.

Another Wonderful chapter.
JilianLo chapter 18 . 2/10
Hey! I didn't even read the chapter yet to be honest. Don't worry, that's coming next. I just wanted to express how incredibly excited I was to see this updated. It's always been one of those impossible wishes of mine, you know? My stomach dropped and my heart hiccuped and I quickly clicked to see if it was a real update or something like, "sorry, author is dead/on haitus" or something like that. I don't even know what to make of this yet. It's always been my favorite thing... Just thought I'd let you know you still have people out there despite the long break! Glad that you're back, it sounds like it's been a very eventful few years for you!
Guest chapter 18 . 2/10
Ras, thank you so so much for the update. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the notification in my inbox. This was and still is my favourite story - period. I am glad that Sam's and Emil's story is a story you want to continue even after all these years. Because I couldn't give up on them either. I love your story, your characterisation, your writing style (no, I can't tell which parts are old and which are new... But I'll read the chapter again and again, I'm sure xD )... everthing. No other story makes me feel so much. Oh their reunion. I can't even put it in words. Just perfection. I love you! Thank you! Sorry for rambling.
I am sorry chapter 1 . 2/9
I am going to be honest with you, I had started reading this one but dropped it because it was without finishing and it didn't look like you were coming back, but if you are finishing it then... I will read it as soon as I can. Don't give up!
Autumn Heat chapter 18 . 2/5
Took my time to read this story from the beginning and still it sits raw, painful and without reprieve.

Yet to believe anything other than an end with a love hauled away to or in death. A powerful last line.

As always, a captivating gift of words.

Thank you.
Starfire chapter 18 . 2/1
Beautiful!

So glad you're back!
Guest chapter 18 . 2/1
I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when I got this update... WELCOME BACK
r chapter 18 . 2/1
im so glad to see this updated! this is why you never give up hope. i've missed sam and emil333 i think your writing style was good before but it's even more polished now.
FizzyLizzy chapter 18 . 2/1
My heart stopped. STOPPED when I saw this notification. Nothing has been going smoothly for months and for some reason your update felt like the world was giving me a pat on the back. I haven't been on this site for almost a decade and during that time, I still came back to this story every year or so to re-read it because I found your story and writing-style to be my fiction soul-mate. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, from one random human to another. My life is still in shambles but today, and for every other time I re-read this, you've given me some respite.
Cheeky Winchester chapter 18 . 2/1
*Screeches* YOU'RE BACK! oh my gawd yessss finally! ahaaha my long wait paid off :D. Literally it was my ritual to reread this story every single year, hoping you would finish it one day. When I got that notification on my phone a few hours ago I was like "fiction press?! wtf I don't read stories on there anymore, who updated?...*checks* 0_0 *heart stops* eeeeeee!" Lol sorry for being dramatic hahaha but this story means a lot to me for some reason and I'm really really happy you are not actually dead.

Ah~ it feels good, after so many years to have this little bit of Emil and Sam back together, even though they probably are not out of the fire yet and will have many more hardships. And don't worry, I'm not a history buff either, but your writing certainly doesn't suffer from it, it really feels like you have captured the feel of the era and the atmosphere of WWII. So what I mean to say is,...welcome back. 3 _
Dooli chapter 18 . 1/31
Welcome back! I'm glad you've been doing well! When I received the notification, I couldn't believe it! This fic has been one of my favorites ever since I first stumbled upon a couple years ago so I am so so excited T_T... Thank you for your hard work!
Ruby chapter 17 . 9/7/2017
Please come back and finish this wonderful story! :(
distro enigma chapter 1 . 10/31/2016
I won't kid myself by saying that every month I still go back to this particular story and have this irrational hope that maybe this has been miraculously updated, until I realize it's been more or less 4 years since the last update and that last chapter is all we're ever going to get.

You are a very good writer, Erasmuss, so much that you have left me unsettled even two years after I have finished reading this. I'm so afraid if I reread this that this hollow feeling I get every time I check your profile would intensify again, but I just can't help it. This is such a good story and I don't have any regrets rereading it. Thank you, Erasmuss.
Guest chapter 17 . 12/17/2015
Just finished re-reading this story again, and again I am left with this is ache in my chest that I probably will never truly finish it. I hope you are well and simply chose to not continue this instead of what my mind is thinking happened. This story is beautiful, both the writing and the characters. I feel as though reading this has changed me in some way and I want to thank you for that. I sincerely hope you are well.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/2/2015
I feel a bit ridiculous.
I am a grown woman with a job and a degree. I have so many other things in which I could invest my hope and anticipation. Yet every month or so, I still find myself coming back to this story with the unyielding hope that it will continue.
Of all the unfinished works of internet fiction my adolescent self began, this is the only piece I just can't let go.
I hope all is well with you, Erasmuss. If you still read these reviews, I just want to let you know that you have made something truly powerful in this story.
261 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »