Reviews for Outdone
colorful chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
nice work. :)
Isca chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
"So inspired I want to leave the page blank and call it 'Wow.'" There's something so awe-inspiring about this line. I love the idea that whiteness/emptiness is ineffable.

"I want to make." Wow. I like the idea here that creativity is the 'birthing' of something - as if we ourselves 'become' god-like through artistic expression. That's all very mind-blowing and philosophical.

"And I am swelling with this wish." Pregnant with the desire to create; how interesting!

"It will leave me like an unbidden exorcism." Oh wow. I don't even know what to say. The tone of this line is so raw and heart-wrenching that I'm completely inarticulate at the moment.

Keep up the great work. :)
i think that maybe chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
and i don't know if it's funny or ironic or just sad- but reading these last few things of yours has/had me itching to go fill notebooks.

maybe befitting then, that i read this last?

this whole thing... you can feel the aching, the craving. and it builds up, the formatting twisting words into equally well-placed punches, until it is almost alive, must be alive, it hurts so bad.

but it can't (echoing: "and I can't.") because the speaker won't let it live.

jee-

zus.

crazy how some of the best writers i've known seem to always feel this way.

no blank pages, k?
GirlxAnachronism chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
Well, i can only begin with "Wow"

I can relate so much to that swelling feeling in your gut when you just want to make, create, etch something meaninful somewhere. You described it beautifully.

I also loved the surprising contrast in tone between the start and the finish. It was inspriation crippled. Your attempts to be great fall short in some shadow. Its heartbreaking and beautiful. Well done
fleur de l'est chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
"I know it’s futile

before I begin.

I can’t be great

like him."

I love this idea, I have that feeling when I read great poems and think how did they construct those verses out of nothing? And it makes me want to write something as beautiful. Especially when I'm reading people who write with great imagery or rhythm, I feel like I ought to write something myself, but I know I'll fail, knowing what has been written before me.
Haley Marie Sky chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
Oh... Wow... Keep writing, Oh, One Who Will Be a Great Writer, keep writing!
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 12/28/2009
I don’t think God’s power lies in making the finite eternal

but in making the infinite

begin

- I think that line is just plain amazing! (yes, 'just' and 'plain' perhaps should have been left out of my sentence!). Anyway, I love it!

Hell, I love it all... it's amazing, truly ] And I can kind of relate which makes it nice. I like my ideas... but thier execution? Not as much...

Anyway, absolutely brilliant! And if it is what you feel, then you are quite mistaken; every page could be labelled 'wow' ]