Reviews for A Reflection Through The Heart
I-am-happy chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Wow. That is so beautiful! Everything comes and lines up, and it almost made me cry. You did a beautiful job on it. I would tell you all my favorite spots, but then I would have to copy the whole thing on here and that would kinda of defeat the purpose... Do you mind if I post this on my profile?
Believe-Your-Imagination chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Wow this is a beautful poem! Right when I started reading it I knew I was going to like it. I wish I could write somethin like this :)
Anise Cary chapter 1 . 2/1/2010
I really like the combination of rhyme and an almost free verse style. I like the parallel of language in the first stanza and the last. There is such a strong emotion of want and hope in this poem. You can feel the near heartbreak of the narrator. Wonderful job.
A. Barone chapter 1 . 1/31/2010
What a wonderful poem. Full of emotion and a deep story portrayed in so few words. The pacing and tempo of the poem is pretty good, though I do have to say that the whole italicised approach makes it somewhat hard to read, that and the fact that it's centred on the page and not alligned to the left. Other than that, I love it. Well done.
Broken-Angel-1994 chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
Hi there. :D I went to that Gossip Girl forum thing and saw that you wanted a review for this poem, so here I am. :D

This is really amazing. I wish my poetry was this good. It was clever to repeat the first part during the last part. It's so sweet and obvious that the person this was written about was special. My favorite line is, "I wish you would understand, but I know you never will. But it feels like my world has come to a halt, like a statue always still." I know how that feels. Great work, and keep writing.
Broken-Catastrophe chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
This was absolutely amazing. It really spoke to me. I can completely relate to not knowing how to say something. It's always right there, at the tip of your toungue, but the second you look into their eyes, all of the words so carefully rehearsed just fly away. I love the way it all just flows, and doesn't seem forced at all. You can tell you really put a lot of effort into it. Definitly an amazingly well-written piece ]
YasuRan chapter 1 . 1/16/2010
Nice poem! I admire the fact that you seem to rhyme so easily. Poetry was never my forte so while I can't offer a professional opinion, I did enjoy reading this :)
SpicaCentauri chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
This was pretty good, though riddled with grammatical errors. The past form of "seek" is "sought". And, well, I could see a few more mistakes. But all in all, I like the thought of this poem.
justicelikelightning chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Gosh, that was amazing. It was absolutely beautiful. I loved it!
JinHikari chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
I really loved this poem, it spoke to me. I can tell the time you took to craft it. And, although I caught a few gramatical mistakes, such as when you used prey instead of pray in the sixth stanza, you've done an outstanding job of expressing the emotional pain and the feelings of love through your words. I look forward to reading more of your work.
Someone-Whos-Not-Important chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Oh my goodness. I love the way you write a poem. I am from the forum thing and want reviews for my only story but wow you are a treasure to read. Everything just fits and is so personal. Wow. I love it love it love it! Kudos!

Stickers!
x shotgun for two chapter 1 . 1/8/2010
First off, I really liked the first 4 lines. They're like, how do you say, simple and conversational. It instantly reminded me of Frank Sinatra's “Fly Me To The Moon”. And I really like that song, so XD.

This whole poem is so cute! And very raw and believable. I can only think that you're going through something very similar, since the emotion is put very realistically. Good job! Keep it up! :D

Oh, and really small error, in the 7th stanza, you spelled pray like “prey”. I think you meant pray, right?
sealednectar chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
This poem is wonderful! I don't know how long or not it took you, but it is great. I love how the poem flows so smoothly, this is especially difficult what with the length of the lines.

There are a few grammatical errors but nothing major. Things such as the first line: 'This is really hard to figure out where to start' sounds quite confusing and could be instead 'It is really hard to figure out where to start' or 'It is really hard to know were to start'.

Something I picked up on was that 'prey' should be 'pray'.

x

sealednectar
Catherine Julia Jefferson chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
I hate that I can relate to this. It reminds me of a particular guy... and my thoughts and feelings at the end of our sort of / not relationship sounded a lot like this. So, although the memories I'm now dredging through aren't the most pleasant, this poem did what good poetry does. It evoked an emotional response, and I forged a personal connection to it. For me, at least, that's what good writing is really about.

Your language is simple, yet your meaning pristinely, poignantly clear.

There are a few minor grammatical errors, but they don't really detract from the poem and could be cleaned up without too much effort.

Again, my favorite aspect of this poem is the emotion-and how said emotion is conveyed, without being overly emotional. It's a balancing act, and you pulled it off.
Ms.Sweet Pea chapter 1 . 12/29/2009
this is one of the best poems you have written. your talent shows in this alot :) can you review:prefix of my time' it has no reviews :l