Reviews for Steps
Jada Writes chapter 23 . 6/27/2010
Wonderful story. I never really liked Peter that much anyway :)
Ben Tramsami chapter 23 . 6/22/2010
Congrats! You succeeded in making me cry! No, I'm not being sarcastic. The best stories are the ones that can make me cry. They're even better if I can cry because I'm happy too. You succeeded in making me so attached to the characters that I cried for them when all that happened to them. Thanks for that. I love it when I cry while reading because I love feeling all those emotions and all that attachment I feel for the people someone created. It's hard to explain, but my tears are important and never wasted when I'm reading. Anyways, I'm really glad to have read this. You are an amazing author and I hope to read more of your stories in the near future. Thanks for the amazing read! *hugs the amazing author*
soccerchickforever chapter 23 . 6/18/2010
Oh my gosh, I loved this story! Its one of my faves now!

And the ending was great, Its funny cause from the begging I was hopping for Kris and Chris to get to together even if they were steps. :)

I think it would be amazing if you did a sequel. With Chris going to UIC. And also it would be good to see there summer together. Hmm, other than that,this was a really good story over all. :)

- natalie
Eyes of the Fire Lily chapter 23 . 6/16/2010
yayy! She chose Chris! (I was rooting for him the whole time. :D)

Great story! I loved it. Keep up the good work!

And I also wouldn't mind a sequel...hint, hint. ;)
DayDreamer 69 chapter 23 . 6/12/2010
OMFG! I could kiss you! But that would be really creepy LOL

I loved how you ended it!

and you should defineatly write a sequal!

I like the Chris goes to IUC idea personally but its up to you, your the author :)

I've really enjoyed reading this!

DD
ThereAfter chapter 23 . 6/11/2010
I don't even know how to begin explaining the effect this story had on me. I cried on and off ever since chapter 14, and will probably do so every time I think about Hutch in the future (I'm an animal lover, what can I say?). But honestly, this story was simply amazing, utterly and completely amazing.

I'll admit that when I found it on A Drop of Romeo, I was a bit hesitant. I'm not hugely into love triangles, or the whole step brother romance thing (possibly because I have step siblings up the ying yang), but this one pulled me in with the family angle. I loved Lynn and Jerry (In particular, Jerry, because he just seemed like the kind of guy that it would be impossible to dislike. And he did his best with Kris/Chris even though everything he did wasn't right). They were incredible characters, and most importantly I found them believable. They acted like parents, not like over-bearing dictators or head-in-the-clouds nobodies wandering uselessly around the house. They were honest to God parents with well-defines characters and personalities, and I can't express how refreshing it was to see.

And another thing that was refreshing: Kris and Mina stayed friends, and she made ones at her new school. Yeah, it took a little time, but it happened. Why? Because teenagers aren't the evil people they are made out to be by so many authors. It's not all drama and clicks. I liked that you didn't focus too much on the horrors of a new school, but rather the difficulties of a new family. Mina supported Kris the whole time and didn't drift off from her simply because it would've been easier that way. And Matt seemed like the perfect guy friend.

I'll admit that I didn't really care for Peter. I didn't mind him and I certainly found him romantic, but he didn't strike me as right for Kris. Personally, I always like reading about a character with a troubled past or some kind of personal issues and Peter completely lacked that. He was good for Kris as a first relationship, but I can't see him as anything long term. Not for her anyway.

And that's a nice lead into Chris. I loved him from the beginning, even if things started off a little rough. His relationship with Kris was complicated and emotional, and I love how you built it up. They didn't just click at the start or randomly in the middle, they actually experienced growth. His character as a whole was very much intriguing and i wish we could have seen some of the story from his point of view, if only so I could see if he was thinking what I thought/hoped he was feeling.

I know there's more I want to say about the characters (there always is), but I can't think of it at the moment so I'm giving up.

In terms of your writing, I really enjoyed it and you did a wonderful job pulling me in. I love the way you characterized people, which is probably why I liked so many of the characters. The descriptions you used were effective without being overwhelming ( a quality that is so often lacking on fictionpress). There weren't any overwhelming grammar or spelling errors, which was nice. But most importantly, there were little things you did that I love. For instance, I can't tell you a single character's eye color, which I am incredibly grateful for. There are so many people that can't seem to write a sentence without mentioning so-and-so's sparkling eyes and honestly I don't think people in real life actually notice eyes that much (I certainly don't). There were also a few scenes where Chris was shirtless and you had the decency to keep Kris from becoming a useless, girly mess. Maybe all the girls I know, including myself, aren't normal or something, because I know for a fact that we can all function around shirtless guys. They aren't that awe inspiring. Basically what I'm trying to say, is that I really like what I read and the way you wrote it.

And one final thing: Is the title a reference to Kris and Chris being step-siblings, or is a reference to all the steps it takes to mature and grow, both as a family and as an individual? Personally I like the second one, but while I was thinking about this story and what I was going to say in my review the first version occurred to me and I had the horrible suspicion that's what the title means.

Anyway, I loved the story. Keep up the amazing work.
amber chapter 11 . 6/10/2010
i like the peter thing i like peter!

and i know your all heading towards double chris with the ch and k and such- urg

poor peter! what about peter!
deonna18 chapter 23 . 6/9/2010
*Gasp* I did not see that coming.

That was pretty great. ]
callie chapter 23 . 6/9/2010
BRILLIANT

i absolutely LOVE this story. you've done a fantastic job with it. the characters are so real, the plot line flows together really nicely and i LOVED the ending. i was a chris fan! :)

i think you should make a sequel, maybe about chris and kris struggling with their new relationship or whatever. you could call it "the time it takes to grow" or something. i dont know. im sure you'll think of something fantastic!
A Tentative Possibility chapter 22 . 6/6/2010
P.S. I'm all for a sequel, definitely. It could have anything in it at all, as long as it has a happy ending (preferably with Kris and Chris together. Like, married.)(scratch the 'preferably', if they're not then maybe we should just let the story be unsequelled). Please?

Seriously though, if you don't mind me asking, what are you planning to do in this regard?
A Tentative Possibility chapter 23 . 6/6/2010
This is amazing.

While reading this story I was truly pulled in. It read like an actual published book. It seems to differ from all the other FP stories because it's written maturely. The first bit reminded me of a modern Judy Blume actually - it had the same kind of matter of fact, stripped and unfacetious tone, you know? And the fire - I think I was in shock too, as if I'd actually experienced it or something, because you really captured it. This kind of disaster can happen at any time, and it was not foreshadowed or anything and narrated so realistically. I felt real grief on the death of Lynn and Jerry and the poor dog.

I'm also very glad you made the Kris/Chris thing happen because although Peter is sweet, there's just something about the stepsiblings' relationship that's more... substantial. Real, and different. Their initial hostility and everything included.

I'm feeling kind of tearful right now so I should probably go check out your profile before I start bawling for real :). Thank you for writing this wonderful story.
DayDreamer 69 chapter 15 . 6/2/2010
Im still fighting tears!
DayDreamer 69 chapter 14 . 6/2/2010
aw man! Im fighting tears! oh this is so sad (tears spill on latop, round of cursing, gets tissues)

OMG! omg omg

DD
Sunshine Bear chapter 23 . 6/2/2010
I am just wondering if you are aware that the last chapter of this story is a cliff hanger.

I mean I normally won't care but it The End of the story.

Not just the end if a chapter.

But like a for real The End cliff hanger.

Anyhow, I still cried a bit but I awed when they kissed because until the vary end I didn't know when they ever going to get together.

Throughout the story I always thought that Chris and Peter should have changed names. Like instead of Peter being named Peter, he would've been named Chris.

Don't know why.
Sunshine Bear chapter 18 . 6/1/2010
I think it is time to finish this for another day because I can't stop crying and it is getting in the way of reading.

Like... seriously. Tears are falling down my faces and I am blowing my noses and eyes trying to keep reading and darn it is hard.
756 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »