Reviews for Steps
Juliet chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Hello, there. It's Juliet from A Drop of Romeo and your story has been inducted onto the Love Triangle portion of the site. Here's your raving review:

I love how the author doesn't rush the relationship between the main characters; it builds up believably and gradually. Plus, the love triangle isn't lopsided like in most cases, where one character is obviously not right for the main character.
tamii chapter 23 . 5/27/2010
You are SO cruel! What an ending though! I had an idea this would happen towards the end of the story and I do think they'd be a better couple than Kris and Peter but I kinda feel sory for Peter :(

Ok, I have to admit that I was pretty apprehensive about this story. I mean I've read pretty much all your other stories but the fact that this story is about step-siblings etc immediately put me on warning because I've read other stories with this 'cliche' and they've not been very good. BUT, I have to say I'm glad I did because you made it very original and it wasn't the normal cookie-cutter story.

I liked how everything about it and how Chris and Kris (so cute!) didn't immediately start having some sort of secret rendezvous and they had to take some time to work it out (it really annoys me when the characters are teenagers and they start proclaiming their 'love' for each other... thankfully Chris and Kris didn't!)

I could gush about this story for a long time but I've got a Physics exam tomorrow and I should be studying right now... I'm not sure about the sequel idea, honestly. I mean, of course, I'd like to know what would happen to their relationship and stuff but... it might lose the magic of this story.

So anyway, great great story and you are a VERY good writer. I mean this story was incredibly intense (by intense I mean my emotions were all over the place!) and I loved all the characters especially Grandma Jo!

I should go now otherwise I'd be here forever :)

Tami x
flunkybubbleshorts chapter 23 . 5/23/2010
WOW! Awesome story! I had bookmarked this for EVER and only just got around to reading it.

It was really well written. Kris' thoughts and feeling came across so vividly!

I did think the transition-to-Chris phase was too soon, though. Maybe not in terms of real time but in terms of description. But I suppose a tragedy can do that? :)

I do think this story can support a really good sequel. Personally I would like to see one which starts a little later than this summer. (I don't like the unpleasantness a love-triangle brings. Hehe.) But that's just my opinion. I think you should write the scenario that gives you the most writing pleasure :D

Sukanya
fromtheheart101 chapter 23 . 5/22/2010
sequel pleasepleasepleasePALLEZ! Sorry i couldn't comment on any of the chapters, but i was too busy being sucked up in there wonderfullness to leave a comment before i jumped to the next please write a sequel! I have to know what happens to kris/chris, i have been rooting for them all the way and im so happy to find that they are together, i always knew chris cared for her more. he just had so much turmoil and turmoil is hot! so i MUst know what happens now that the romantic tables have turned!
mitsuki44 chapter 23 . 5/21/2010
Holy freaking frack, that was an amazing story!

The awesomeness of it just hasn't sank in yet, so I can't really appreciate how well written that was or offer any constructive criticism, but all I can say is, that was genuinely GREAT. Kris and Chris are both some of my favourite characters in this story (and yes, I was rooting for them, WHOOT!) besides Grandma Jo, of course, but you already knew that ;) and they are some of the most lovable characters I've had the pleasure of reading about.

I loved the whole sibling drama between the two of them, and although Peter is a nice guy, I didn't really think they fit together that perfectly (ex. when he was asking Kris to go to that science exhibit with him and she rejected him. Then he said that he wished she could do something more "intelligent" with him, I was just like, boyfriend say what? Insensitive much? :O). Plus, you're totally right, the chemistry is totally burning between Chris and Kris.

And that walk in the moonlight? Aww. Just aw. :D

Grandma Jo is the cutest little lady ever (that I've read about so far). She's adorable and I really liked how accepting and loving she was towards Kris at the beginning of Lynn and Jerry's marriage. As much as I hate to say it, it's true there needed to be something done to bring Chris and Kris together, and I guess this was the only way that you could think of. It was a little abrubt, but it succeeded if that was your purpose in writing it.

And can we just talk about Kris' dad? Can we just say, douche-bag? I mean, if you didn't want your daughter to come visit you, you can't just raise her hopes and then dash them! And to do it twice? And basically tell her that her existence was a mistake and that he regretted it? DOUCHE. I understand how he might not have been ready, but come on! Man up! You've had 16 years to gather your nerves and then you back out of it? ARRGH! He just makes me so angry beyond belief.

Well. Aside from all that, your story IS quite brilliant. Is there a sequel? I sure hope there is (because I haven't checked yet), and if there isn't could you please write one? I'm hoping that Chris and Kris will end up together!

Thanks for writing this amazing story! :D
Storm Nelson chapter 23 . 5/18/2010
o YOU GOT TO HAVE A SEQUEL...omg i love this book and i really want to read more of wat u write...yay
Bubbly Girl chapter 23 . 5/16/2010
I have to hand it to you... I WAS NOT AT ALL EXPECTING THAT! BUT I really like the whole Chris with Kris situation. And YES I REALLY want you to write a sequel! It would b AWESOME! :)

Bubbly Girl chapter 22 . 5/16/2010
Wow. I was not expecting that but in a way I am sort of happy because I never liked her biological dad. He is just Kris's biological dad because Jerry will always be her real dad. :)

Bubbly Girl chapter 20 . 5/16/2010
Wow. This is SUCH an AMAZING story! It shocks just how spectacular your writing is! :)

Bubbly Girl chapter 19 . 5/16/2010
Yay. *sighs happily* everything is getting better! :)

Bubbly Girl chapter 14 . 5/16/2010
I'm cryin so HARD! can't t believe that Jerry and Lynn ar E! This is so sad! I am actually crying! I hope that everything gets better soon!

Peace, Love and Happiness!

Bubbly Girl chapter 13 . 5/16/2010
Oh gosh no! They have to be alright! I have to read now but I wanted to leave you some kind of review!

Bubbly Girl chapter 12 . 5/16/2010
Oh. I REALLY hope that Kris doesn't hurt Peter! I hope that I will read more on Matt and Mina soon! *HINT HINT* :)

Bubbly Girl chapter 11 . 5/16/2010
YES! Matt and Mina are going to be PERFECT!

Bubbly Girl chapter 10 . 5/16/2010
Aww... I thought that they would FINALLY get along. Oh well... *big sigh* I love the way that you write and your chapters are the PERFECT size because they aren't too long but they aren't ridiulously short! :) Keep up the beautiful work! :)

755 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »