Reviews for I Guess Not
Live.Love.Life chapter 1 . 7/8/2010
Hey.

Like, you, I have the whole 'Give a review, return a review' thing going on.

This is a pretty good poem, but somehow the ending doesn't quite connect with the beginning - What I mean to say, is that the poetic feel isn't continued till the end.

It begins to seem like some sort of speech at the end, specially the part Can we get rid of this xenophobia and prejudice?

That line, especially.

See, it would be completely different if the last line was changed.

But the beginning is great.

Good job!
SoKowaii chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
My god, I agree 100% It's completely different worlds, not just in high school... but all element of life. Not everyone is the same or has the same point of view and this poem shows it all the more. I really thought that this was a truly inspirational poem, and I'm simply happy to say that you were spot on with deep meaning, and I liked the poem all together! Great Poem, well done!
lookingwest chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Hmm, cool approach as kind of having the metaphorical two sides of things instead be a runner and a football player. I also like how it was the perspective of the outside speaker looking in and going, "heard it before". Usually in a poem with a theme such of this it would be the geeks vs. the jocks but this took an even cooler unique idea to gloss over that cliche in a wonderful way. Favorite stanza was your third, it had a nice format and flow for being essentially only a few short sentences :D
bluewitness chapter 1 . 1/2/2010
A timeless, and still pointless argument, I agree. You can apply the core idea to a lot of walks of life, which makes this piece unique in its universal nature.

I liked it, though it did seem a little short. :)