Reviews for Starlight with an Icarus heart
Long Island Iced Tea chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
I love the beautiful imagery of your poetry.
thinking.about.thinking chapter 1 . 3/2/2010
So beautifully written. I love the first line and the use of "susurrous" in the second line.

.thinking
rust phoenix chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
You truly have a gift for poetry. The first line immediately drew me in, and the rest of the poem is strong enough to match it. I love your word choice, the syllables flow together in a way that seems to fit the images of stars and water, and this holds the poem together wonderfully.

Your writing reminds me why I love poetry so much.
Manuel Fajar chapter 1 . 2/7/2010
From God’s realm burnt star—

Blazing meteor crashed earth—

Brimstone—Hell & Fire.

&

Upward to sun’s light—

Waxed and feathered man flew high—

To eternal fire.

&&

While rose, bee & hawk—

Woke and slept to circling stars—

Past spring to winter.
Dante's Disciple chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
I like the use of the sky to represent emotion, the end line is tragic, nice little poem :)
fleur de l'est chapter 1 . 1/6/2010
A lovely image, your language is so descriptive & your poems never fail to paint the picture they're designed to.
Isca chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
"Trembling hands." I love this image - it's so tender.

"Drink from the milky way." Woah. I love the idea that it's possible to nourish yourself celestially.

"Susurrous stars." Incredible 's' alliteration; it just rolls off the tongue.

"An ashen sea too watered." God, I love the heart-breaking tone of this line (nice phrasing, as well).

"I called the stars my dreams." All I can do is smile. I feel that way sometimes too. :)
Lady Livia chapter 1 . 1/5/2010
How can you be so good?

Teach me, oh masterful Yoda!

It made me picture those fairy artworks... you know the blue and purple ones surrounded by the stars and stuff.

So Prettyful.

Oh, and Stardust XD
Punslinger chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
The image of falling star dreams is a colorful variation of Icarus plunging from the sun's heat. Cupping his hands to "drink from the Milky Way" is a lovely illusion. Reminds me of when I was a child, I'd gaze at the summer sky and make up fantastic stories.
Atomdancerr chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Your poetry is so painfully beautiful! It lacks but one thing, an explanation. Would you be so kind to us clueless but deeply appreciative Fans and start leaving some Author's notes so we can have some insight into your incredibly complex thought processes? Please! I really would like to know more about this little masterpiece! And for that matter all the rest you've written that I have read. How did you come to write this? What inspired you? The Greek mythology references I understand but not every Reader will so even that could use some explaining. If you don't do this, for the rest of Eternity People in this Realm will be wondering! This Universe has enough unsolved mysteries. Don't make more!
Cammi Bookaholic chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Hauntingly beautiful- you have quite a way with words!
letyoursoultakeflight chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
ARGH! Where do you get your inpiration from! You drive me nuts! Dont get me wrong, I love all your poetry ] but I am awed of how versatile you suddenly get!

crocheting dreams with a cardboard heart

- love that bit ]

... and the rest of it... teach me to be as brilliant! I'll give you a cookie?
december.s-flower chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
very poetic and rather sad.
Princess-anna57 chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
Oh what a heartbreaking last line! Great job here overall; great vocabulary, I can't praise this enough. :) Write on!

~Anna~ _