Reviews for Imaginary Fiend
thewhimsicalbard chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
So... I'm confused. Which is it, an imaginary FRIEND or an imaginary FIEND? I think that your poem would mean something in either case, but I would dearly love to know which you meant to type and which was the typo.

Structurally, there is... room for improvement. You don't use punctuation, which I think is a bad habit. It might just be your style, but I find that punctuating my poetry really helps with the rhythm and flow therein. That's honestly the only thought I have on that area. There are some better poems out there, to be sure, but there are tons more that are worse (and that's a compliment, by the way).

On a themes note, I'm pretty sure that your message is only surface deep. I didn't see anything beyond what you described. You are disillusioned with a world that doesn't want you to wear your heart on your sleeve, that is utterly too concerned with appearances, and it is a noble message, to be sure, but it doesn't... touch me as deeply as I think it could. I'm not going to remember reading this a week from now. Sorry if I'm being too honest or critical, but that is a sign that I respect you as a writer. I'd only give one of those "good job, more please," reviews to someone who I really didn't think did too good a job.

This poem didn't change my life, but it also didn't hurt me to read and review. Good work, and I'll certainly check out more of your writing if you want me to do so. I'm much better with poetry than I am with stories.

Do you have a "best" piece, or, failing that, a poem that is very typical of your writing style? I would like to understand your writing style better, but I honestly have no idea where to start on the remaining 110 pieces. :D

the best to you,