Reviews for Love Beats
RaccoonQueen chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
I really like this poem. Partly because it is somewhat sensual and I love music. I think it's safe to say you do too. The flow is good, the concept is good. The only thing though-

"Callused fingers stroke the keys like a pro,

Greens and white overtaken by dark shades of blues

Rhythmic serenades soothe her ears

Lulled in lethargy, lost in the blues"

If there was some way you could omit one of the "blues" I think it would give you a stronger point. That is just my opinion.

Keep writing!

-Dixxy
Humming LadyBug chapter 1 . 1/9/2010
Uh, very.. sensual?

Well obviously, with such description it's hard not to get a certain imagery in mind. Though I praise the fact that you interpreted music, song and instrument to cast the story. Furthermore, you made it work.

I'm a bit stumped with this line though, "Greens and whites overtaken by dark shades of blues" If blues is referred to the genre, I'm not so sure about the greens and whites.

I love, love, love the second line of the first stanza. "Blowing life inside as he comes alive," This, to me, is powerful because the musician creates and is created by what he plays. How each is depended on the other.

I hope you continue to write.
Vanity Means Nothingness chapter 1 . 1/7/2010
Wow, exquisite. I love how it all stands in for something different entirely, and it's still beautiful and understandable. I love it.

Love,